Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you turn the oil injection down on an f5, my dealer said if i took it to him it would be done within a week!! My words to him were,, "if it takes that long then someone needs to fu.... rip you a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then i left....... so if anyone knows how to turn it down i would appreciate it.. thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
vance1
Adjusting your oil pump would not be a wise thing to do!
You could burn down your engine and then not be covered under warranty.
How many miles on your sled ?
What type of oil are you using ?
Do you have a pre-mix in your fuel tank ?
My F5 is loading (coking) up also, I am using synthetic APV oil still have a pre-mix in the fuel tank.
I switching oils in the near future and most likely will use Torco SSO - I have had very good luck with it in the past.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by FINNBEAR@Jan 28 2003, 12:56 AM
vance1
Adjusting your oil pump would not be a wise thing to do!
You could burn down your engine and then not be covered under warranty.
How many miles on your sled ?
What type of oil are you using ?
Do you have a pre-mix in your fuel tank ?
My F5 is loading (coking) up also, I am using synthetic APV oil still have a pre-mix in the fuel tank.
I switching oils in the near future and most likely will use Torco SSO - I have had very good luck with it in the past.
Adjusting your oil pump is ok to do as long as it's done a little at a time and you monitor your plugs and oil consumption. I was using 1 qt per 80 miles , adjusted the pump 1/16 before WOT mark and now I'm getting 126 miles per qt and plugs show plenty of oil. Just be careful when adjusting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know how to do everything with my bike, heck i could take every piece of it apart and put it back together just from my memory! But it doesnt say anything in my manual about how to turn it down!!! Im only getting about 30 miles per quart! thats disgusting and this thing's all loaded up the plugs are black, im just gumming it all up and ruining the carbs and cylinders!! idk what do i do?

·
Registered
252 Posts
vance1,
I can tell you're not happy with service response time with your dealer, but I think that sound like a "bad" oil pump, not just misadjusted. That sounds like a dealer problem, because how drastic your oil consumption is. You could add slack to the oil pump cable, so the full throttle line on the pivot falls short of the full throttle line on the oil pump casting.

Just my $.02
catfish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts