Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Release a week or 2 before the dealer show, sometime in Feb. Horsepower will be in the 180 zone with high tq. It's not a 10,000 rpm engine like a yamaha so it will have some balls.. Cat's a listenin.

·
Registered
780 Posts
While the power and torque sound great, the Jag is 40lbs heavier than an F1000, all of it in the nose. How much heavier will the turbo be? 30 lbs more? For an 630 lbs sled dry?

Maybe if it has 130-140 lbs of torque. How much Torque does an Jag have?

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
what consumer group do they figure to be going after with this sled, if they do make it? i can;t really put my finger on who they think is going to cream themselves over a sled like this?

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
The people that like cats and have a boner for four strokes?[/b]
i would think that those people are already on a yamaha by now. will have to wait and see how it plays out, but i just feel that it will not be well recieved in the real world. internet world maybe, but when it actually hits the showroom with its price tag, i bet it doesn;t fare so well. i hope i am wrong.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
less than 10 lbs heavier than the current jaq (you are only adding a turbo and intercooler) which even die hard yamaha fans admit rides much better than anything yammi builds.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm no huge 4 -stroke fan, but going across a lake, with 4-stroke torque and a turbo who cares about weight if your making enough power to overcome it. If its going to be that heavy than it could pose a problem doing hard trail riding, but i find the z1 great to drive but i'll take my 2-stroke. if this is a stupid fast sled I could be convinced, if they lighten it up too then holy cow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually the F chassis is very well balanced...look at the wiegh in last year...they hung the sleds from the handle bars and the sled was perfectly level when suspended...that's what makes them feel lite even though they are a tad heavier. Now if you look at the Yamaha's when they were suspended by the handle bars they were doing a nose dive. Don't think the turbo is going to make a difference in the thing feeling more heavy. Like to see what the top end is. Bet it's silly fast. Just my .02

·
Registered
871 Posts
From the people I have talked to who own both the Jag is a WAY better riding sled.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hope the waited long enough to work the bugs out of this sled instead of rushing it to the market. It is a great idea and could sell alot of sleds for AC. I also hope they offer a turbo kit for the jags already on the market. It would make one of those 07 leftovers very tempting. :nudie:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we had turbo z1 rumours for a while, they waited for that purpose and to get everything in line from overstocked dealers/inventory to the 07 issues but now its finally coming, bringing out the hammer hopefully. Lots of talk about producing the sno-pro chassis as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Jag is ABSOLUTELY useless on anything but a groomed trail. They are not even quiet just have a very annoying buzz at cruising speeds. They get reasonable MPG, but NOT as good as Doo's Powertek. My dealer can't give them away... and they are discounted $4000.00. Sadly AC has to make a Turbo Jag because they can't meet EPA in 2010 with their 2 strokes. Get your 2 stroke 1000 while you still can...the future sounds grim.

And don't worry, the turbo will cost a fortune!

·
Registered
2019 ZR 9000 Ltd and 2020 Thundercat 9000
983 Posts
I'm a huge 2 stroke person and hope that I never have to buy a heavy 4 stroke. But now that Cat is bringing out a turbo Z1 do ppl think that Cat will still make the F1000? I currently have a F1000 and it's a rocket and I just hope that Cat continues to make big 2 strokes! If Cat comes out with the turbo Z1 I know that they will still have the F1000 because they have only had the motor out for 2 years now and they always keep motors out for at least 3-4 years but do ppl think that Cat will still have the F1000 in the future like in 2010 becuase I sure hope so because I refuse to buy a 4 stroke when the 2 strokes are getting just as good as mileage if better with doo's new DI system and it is only a matter of time before Cat makes their 2 strokes better on fuel as well with a new system.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DI 2-stroke does better than a 4-stroke normally in efficiency, however its reliability is yet to be seen very finnicky tech to transfer over to a sled and has had massive failures in other applications. DI 4-strokes do as well or better, couple car manufacturers are using this now, wouldn't be hard to cross over here. In the long run a 4-stroke will last longer, it's simply under less stress, more technology devoted towards it, and way more tolerant. etc. etc. BUT it's heavier and doesn't offer the same performance per cc. As long as there is demand for 2-strokes, Cat will still make them. The F1000 is here to stay and new injection tech. from Cat is coming, has been in the works for years. (2001 800 had SDI casting's) The turbo Z1 will most likely beat the F1000 in a straight line, I wouldn't doubt it, but with weight as a factor the handling and flotation will be better with the F10. Its for the guys that want the fastest sled in a straight line period, and can sacrifice some other characteristics. Cat is going in the direction to have both techs. working for them by the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
The Jag is ABSOLUTELY useless on anything but a groomed trail. They are not even quiet just have a very annoying buzz at cruising speeds. They get reasonable MPG, but NOT as good as Doo's Powertek. My dealer can't give them away... and they are discounted $4000.00. Sadly AC has to make a Turbo Jag because they can't meet EPA in 2010 with their 2 strokes. Get your 2 stroke 1000 while you still can...the future sounds grim.

And don't worry, the turbo will cost a fortune![/b]

Not sure WTF your talking about? My Z1 is very quiet and does not buzz?
You are aware there are no more 08 Z1's available. They are sold out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts