Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That vid was taken to show some people how it sounds. It would be great if we had some video of it on the trail. If you turn your speakers right up you can hear it out on the lake, they sound like a jet from far away.

· Registered
2,093 Posts
dont know if id compare it to a jet but it does have a cool whistling type sound either way good job getting the sound in there it kind of sucks the skis going through the snow almost drowns it out

· Registered
1,329 Posts
This is not a bash so please don't take it that way. But that motor at idle sounds like an old 69' VW bus with the tick tick squeak. Is it just me or do you all hear that. I was radar running on the pond one afternoon when I got my video of me running 110 on the gun. The guys from Lenco Racing had the T-660 and it ran 108 on the gun if I remember and I don't remember it sounding like yours does in the video. Again, I am just asking why it sounds like it does idling. Doug

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The video was taken by a digital still camera that happens to have a video function. The sound is not perfect, but I do hear what you hear and say that it sounds a bit off. But if my memmory does prove me well, it was not all that warmed up yet (only running 5-10 minutes) and it seemed to sound fine to us then.

The 660 motor is a beautiful little motor that you can put thousands of miles on without ever thnking about it. These motors are used in everything in Japan, they even race them in a car series that would be similar to the Mazda series in the US.

· Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by MOUF2000@Sep 25 2005, 06:30 PM
Ah! pessimism! Good job on capturing ST action. Congratulation to the producer of that video. i'd love to see more of those. Thanks for sharing your passion.

Waiting for winter!!!!! :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891976
[/quote]
Thats a nice boost gauge!i HOPE YOU PUT IT ON YOUR SLED. :eek:oh4:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.