Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many days of testings, we are getting extremely close to a release date for our Knock light system. We have been working independantly as well as with the GAP team to develop a knock light. My testing has proven the weakness of the factory knock detection and I now have full control over the sensitivity and knock protection action.

We now have a TD knock light on the Dash and custom TD knock protection programming (engine protection) as well as a TD knock light shift light through the TD flasher (GAP). As well as Knock datalogging...
We are getting very close to a release just a few more test left. Tomorrow is dyno day. Video will be available shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
from the creator of the knock light...the first functioning knock light for our 998s ...kudos....you guys are definitely in the pursuit of excellence!

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
We brought antilag too but now everybody wants it... Remember when they said we didn't need it?
I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIYFUPvNt8

yes I remember...I remember running the HJ and getting the octane code and those I ran against with TD tunes running more power with the same octane....then running against price with the anti lag and I was behind 4 from jump....thats when I knew you guys were on to something

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I remember...I remember running the HJ and getting the octane code and those I ran against with TD tunes running more power with the same octane....then running against price with the anti lag and I was behind 4 from jump....thats when I knew you guys were on to something
You've been around for a long time. Antilag was a powerful weapon in a drag race for turbo sleds.
I remember also when they tried to discredit the usefulness of antilag on trail sleds. I can pull up many post from 2010-2015.
Around 2015, they stopped trying to discredit it because many shops now had that technology.

Now everybody wants those features !

But my goal is keep innovating, keep working as hard as possible to supply my customers with the best tunes and technology !

This year our service has never been better. We have a great team and we are ready. Our massive inventory helps keeps order shipment flowing !

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
You've been around for a long time. Antilag was a powerful weapon in a drag race for turbo sleds.
I remember also when they tried to discredit the usefulness of antilag on trail sleds. I can pull up many post from 2010-2015.
Around 2015, they stopped trying to discredit it because many shops now had that technology.

But my goal is keep innovating, keep working as hard as possible to supply my customers with the best tunes and technology !

This year our service has never been better. We have a great team and we are ready. Our massive inventory helps keeps order shipment flowing !
YOU where spot on Ben keep pushing the extra mile, your customers appreciate it.what happen to SJ post, did they take it down???? he did nothing or say anything other than the truth

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YOU where spot on Ben keep pushing the extra mile, your customers appreciate it.what happen to SJ post, did they take it down???? he did nothing or say anything other than the truth
I think the mods are right to clean things up. Little wars between camps is not good for business. Lets keep things informative !

·
Registered
5,440 Posts

Ive been eyeballing other exhausts....but recent tests with that noise meter showed me the super quiet is really super quiet....I was totally impressed...my question is ...for those who would run pt or even max 17+ would it flow enough...on the old sled I always thought 3"...but the quietness really impressed me in that test....how will it perform and wheres the cross over where yes here you need more?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ive been eyeballing other exhausts....but recent tests with that noise meter showed me the super quiet is really super quiet....I was totally impressed...my question is ...for those who would run pt or even max 17+ would it flow enough...on the old sled I always thought 3"...but the quietness really impressed me in that test....how will it perform and wheres the cross over where yes here you need more?
To start off I am a TD guy, but unless TD has changed the 998 Super Quiet muffler it's not super quiet.

I have a TD 2.5" Super Quiet on my 1100 and it's A Lot quieter than the Super Quiet 998 muffler TD was selling last winter.

Friend of mine has a Thundercat with that muffler on it and was hassled by the NY snowmobile cops last year.
I was infront of him during that stop and they didn't even give me a look.

He also said he wished his exhaust was as quiet as mine.

He sold his "Super Quiet" and sent his stock muffler in for the TD Mod. He's gonna be Really pissed if it's still louder than my 1100! :c-n:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
You would have to hear the new sq.... it's truly super quiet for a performance exhaust...i was surprised and impressed...

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To start off I am a TD guy, but unless TD has changed the 998 Super Quiet muffler it's not super quiet.

I have a TD 2.5" Super Quiet on my 1100 and it's A Lot quieter than the Super Quiet 998 muffler TD was selling last winter.

Friend of mine has a Thundercat with that muffler on it and was hassled by the NY snowmobile cops last year.
I was infront of him during that stop and they didn't even give me a look.

He also said he wished his exhaust was as quiet as mine.

He sold his "Super Quiet" and sent his stock muffler in for the TD Mod. He's gonna be Really pissed if it's still louder than my 1100! :c-n:
Thanks for the feedback.
The super quiet name I came up with in 2012 was in relation to other offerings at the time. I was competing against barkers the turboforce on the z1 and other fairly loud mufflers.
Compared to them it was super quiet.

The super quiet since 2012 is still the quietest straight through very high performance muffler. The only way to get quieter is by adding baffles which kills HP.

We can't get around the laws of physics.

As for the TD stock modified that one is truly quiet no drone with a superb oem style sound... He will love it... But it gets half the huge gains of a super quiet

For the Quebec Ontario new York Maine Vermont regions it is the better choice those being sensitive areas.

We have both the 1100 stock modified exhaust and the 998 stock modified in stock, we have about 4 of each ready to swap. No waiting.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The super quiet name I came up with in 2012 was in relation to other offerings at the time. I was competing against barkers the turboforce on the z1 and other fairly loud mufflers. Compared to them it was super quiet.

The super quiet since 2012 is still the quietest straight through very high performance muffler. The only way to get quieter is by adding baffles which kills HP.

We can't get around the laws of physics.

As for the TD stock modified that one is truly quiet no drone with a superb oem style sound... He will love it... But it gets half the huge gains of a super quiet

For the Quebec Ontario new York Maine Vermont regions it is the better choice those being sensitive areas.

We have both the 1100 stock modified exhaust and the 998 stock modified in stock, we have about 4 of each ready to swap. No waiting.

Your super quiet with the drone buster is the absolute perfect all day trail muffler for trouble free operation great power and good sound. Even in Quebec where they are SUPER sticky about sound I was never questioned running the 2.5" TD super quiet with a drone buster in it. I don't have a dyno to prove it but I saw zero difference in performance, RPM, boost or knock resistance with the buster installed. To me it is the best of all worlds.

:bc:

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
Your super quiet with the drone buster is the absolute perfect all day trail muffler for trouble free operation great power and good sound. Even in Quebec where they are SUPER sticky about sound I was never questioned running the 2.5" TD super quiet with a drone buster in it. I don't have a dyno to prove it but I saw zero difference in performance, RPM, boost or knock resistance with the buster installed. To me it is the best of all worlds.

Does qc go by sound level or visual inspection?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Very odd you wouldn't lose power with the drone buster. Interesting. Normally any restrictions especially one that cuts noise loses hp. I tested a ton of insert designs back in 2013 - 2014.
I had designed a cone shaped perforated cone that dropped 1.5db on most frequency range and that lose 1hp. I never got around to manufacturing it.

The drone buster you are talking about is sandale?

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes that dB test from totally yamaha. Very nice test. But under load is where you see a stock mod. Is. Much quieter than sq.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Very odd you wouldn't lose power with the drone buster. Interesting. Normally any restrictions especially one that cuts noise loses hp. I tested a ton of insert designs back in 2013 - 2014.
I had designed a cone shaped perforated cone that dropped 1.5db on most frequency range and that lose 1hp. I never got around to manufacturing it.

The drone buster you are talking about is sandale?

Yes and I made one of my own as well. It didn't take much to kill a ton of noise! Of course it still would fail the Quebec visual but it was quite enough to never be asked. I rode a good 80% of my 15-16 season in Qc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts