Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that is does not snow in MN anymore. I am thinking of streching out my ZR to a 136", and heading west from now on.

Rail extensions are easy to find, but what about the tunnel extensions. Can any One help?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Your dealer can order a cat one up. Call the dealers out west for a custom one. Cutlers, Mountain Magic,Holtz,Waldrons

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have researched this as well. The part number for just the tunnel extension (121 to a 136) for 98-01 tunnels that have the narrow running boards is 0716-299. I was quoted $44 for the extension. Check with your dealer for the correct application. I am planning on getting my rail extensions from www.tracksusa.com. I found this to be a cheaper allternative than buying the complete kit. I will try to use the current bumber, or else i will go to the steel shop and have them bend me one. As for cooler extensions, I dont think I will need them. The 136 track should miss the part of the coolers when it comes across the back of the tunnel. Hope this helps and respond if you have any questions. In case you were wondering, my sled is a 01 ZR.

B

·
0 Posts
Just keep an eye on the temp. On my 144 extension I discovered that the snow that spins off the "tip" of the track towards the top of the tunnel moved back (with the tunnel extension), and I had a dramatic change in cooling. I couldn't ride a road for more than a couple miles without the light coming on. None of this happened until after I put on the 144 extensions. Since then I have added a rear cooler, that sits above the "tip" of the track. I can run for miles on end now (again). Also if you need to pull something (like a kiddy sled, etc..) the tunnel extensions are pretty easy to bend/break. I built mine with a steel frame within the aluminum, and I can pull pretty much anything with it. Now that it is a longtrack, I 'll never go back to riding a short track again. It rides just beautiful. You'll love it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts