Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Polaris fishbone tunnel braces to my 07. I'm kind of worried the rivets are close to the track, but it is a Polaris kit. I see they put the traction notches back on the 08's. I thought it was weird they didn't have them on the performance models in 07. I know the coolant runs through them so you can't rivet anything through them for extra grip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed the Polaris fishbone tunnel braces to my 07. I'm kind of worried the rivets are close to the track, but it is a Polaris kit. I see they put the traction notches back on the 08's. I thought it was weird they didn't have them on the performance models in 07. I know the coolant runs through them so you can't rivet anything through them for extra grip.[/b]

Take a round file to the running boards. Takes about three hours to do both sides. But you get better traction than that is offer stock.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've had the fishbones on mine since Day 1. 1000 miles and no interference problems. My 05 Fusion had the traction notches, my 07 600 Iq does not. They are useless without them. I used a pnuematic rotary file to put them in. Worked well.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I put them on last year. The rivets were too close for me. I flattened the back sides of the rivets a bit with a body panel anvil on one side and hammered the other side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts