Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure it’s already been discussed, beaten, and argued over but at least this isn’t another “when’s my sled coming” post. Has anyone mounted the Traverse tunnel bag on a Matryx 129? I’ve seen pics on longer tunnels so I’m only talking about this bag on a 129. If so, was it done without a special bracket or modifications to anything? This pic came from someone in this group but I’m reposting it for visual reference… I’m referring to the bag toward the tail light
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I'm hijacking as well because there are no pics of bags on the Matryx sleds so please if you have one, post it and what bag it is! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,496 Posts
I’m sure it’s already been discussed, beaten, and argued over but at least this isn’t another “when’s my sled coming” post. Has anyone mounted the Traverse tunnel bag on a Matryx 129? I’ve seen pics on longer tunnels so I’m only talking about this bag on a 129. If so, was it done without a special bracket or modifications to anything? This pic came from someone in this group but I’m reposting it for visual reference… I’m referring to the bag toward the tail light
View attachment 2122820
The traverse tunnel bag will go on the 129. The t slot is the same. The taillight plastic may interfere a bit since it is a non lock and ride flex bag, but it will still mount up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i was wondering and does it beat the snot out of the tunnel - it didn't look like the t-slot lines up for it to sit on the tunnel the right way. just deciding on which tunnel bag i want, it's my last piece of the puzzle. i like the traverse, my friends have it on their axys sleds but may just settle on one of the lock & ride ones...

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Traverse Bag will put marks on the top of tunnel because of how it's designed. The bag rests right on top of tunnel. I've seen people use clear protective tape on top of the tunnel to try to protect the paint.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris 850 SBA
218 Posts
Just go with the lock and ride flex. It's got little rubber feet to prevent damage

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yeah you can't beat the lock and ride flex. It's made specifically for the Matryx. It goes and off so easy compared to the traverse bag.

·
Registered
2021 SB Assault 850
979 Posts
The little rubber feet leave marks too though. The 3M clear is a great choice. I have both bags actually because I kept my bags from my 20 Indy XC 137. Lock & Ride is sweet. Still worried about somebody stealing it though. Shit I could ride by my sled and steal my bag off it. Come out to nothing but the posts.... lol

·
Registered
2022 Polaris 850 SBA
218 Posts
Isn't there a guy on here that developed a lock for the flex? I'm sure I saw a post last year...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I like the looks and shape of the essentials bag for the rmk the most, and I like the water proof zipper closure with the two buckles. Can you buy the lock and ride attachment pieces separately? Could mount those to a plate and then the bag to the plate... and it leaves a space between the plate/bag combo and the tunnel. I'm thinking Polaris doesn't want that bag directly mounted to the top of the tunnel on the shorter tunnels d/t extreme condition cooling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the looks and shape of the traverse bag the most, and I like the water proof zipper closure with the two buckles. Can you buy the lock and ride attachment pieces separately? Could mount those to a plate and then the bag to the plate... and it leaves a space between the plate/bag combo and the tunnel. I'm thinking Polaris doesn't want that bag directly mounted to the top of the tunnel on the shorter tunnels d/t extreme condition cooling.
My dealer said something about a bracket you can get for it but I didn’t get details - I like the traverse but I’ll prolly just end up picking one of the lock & rides

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
My dealer said something about a bracket you can get for it but I didn’t get details - I like the traverse but I’ll prolly just end up picking one of the lock & rides
If you have a 129 Matryx you don't need the bracket. It's part of the gas tank. Just get the bag and you are all set.

·
Vendor
5 Posts
Do yourselves a favor get some linq adaptors and bags, add the stackable fuel caddy and as much other as you need due to your requirements. Here's my backpack trip setup.

JMHO

N---
Here’s our Adapta-Link if you need them:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts