Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
After the season is over I think I'm going with TD's max spool 16 flash running the stock muffler. 260 QUIET hp.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would venture over to Totally Yamaha and look at the results over there. I run Hurricane tunes and they flat out fly. The customer service is unmatched.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I would venture over to Totally Yamaha and look at the results over there. I run Hurricane tunes and they flat out fly. The customer service is unmatched.

I'm not ruling Dave out as you said he's great to deal with. I'm using his clutching and just sold my Hindle exhaust from him. I'm still doing my homework on both tuners.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'm not ruling Dave out as you said he's great to deal with. I'm using his clutching and just sold my Hindle exhaust from him. I'm still doing my homework on both tuners.

I'm not pushing one or the other. I have been winning races with my Hurricane tunes vs other tuners and sled combos but I may just have a better setup too.

I would say that any tune will put a smile on your face a mile wide.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the season is over I think I'm going with TD's max spool 16 flash running the stock muffler. 260 QUIET hp.
Why the stock muffler? :dunno::dunno:why not go full bore and make it a party?:bc:
of course I do not know sound rules in Ontario...

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,589 Posts
Really happy with my TD Max Spool 17 and other goodies set up by Priceless Performance in Gaylord

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Why the stock muffler? :dunno::dunno:why not go full bore and make it a party?:bc:
of course I do not know sound rules in Ontario...

Stock due to the long arm of the law sound laws in Ontario, Quebec and even now in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Same here.

The hard part is choosing between Hurricane or TD.

I've made my decision to go with Hurricane mainly because Dave Marshall is great to deal with and I haven't heard anything negative coming from any of his customers here or the AC forums or from Totally Yamaha. Not to discredit TD, I haven't heard anything bad about their work either.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've made my decision to go with Hurricane mainly because Dave Marshall is great to deal with and I haven't heard anything negative coming from any of his customers here or the AC forums or from Totally Yamaha. Not to discredit TD, I haven't heard anything bad about their work either.
You will be happy with that choice. The tunes rip.....:thumbsup: Make certain you clutch for the added power as it will make a huge difference in the performance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stock due to the long arm of the law sound laws in Ontario, Quebec and even now in Michigan.
:thumbsup: I've read even the loudest turbo dynamics muffler is only 80-82 decibels :dunno: In Michigan it seems that the people whom should be pulled over for sound issues don't get looked at.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I am aware of the positives of a free flowing muffler.

I may get away with a Super Quiet here in Vermont. But I like to ride in Quebec, and I'm not going up there without a stock muffler. For me the stock muffler makes the most sense.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
You will be happy with that choice. The tunes rip.....:thumbsup: Make certain you clutch for the added power as it will make a huge difference in the performance.

10-4 on the clutching. I'm already using Hurricane's Super Tuner weights and will have to move weight around to accommodate the added power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few weeks ago before the winter came to a close I had the Hurricane stock muffler bundle done to mine. Mike Knapp (knappattack) lives close and is a Hurricane vendor so it made sense to use him. He is a wealth of knowledge on these sleds. The other thing I liked was with Hurricane's you have a nice broad HP arrangement, 225/240/270 all with the stock muffler. No worries of getting a noise ticket and no headache at the end of a long day in the saddle. A buddy has the 2.5" freeflow Hurricane bundle, his muffler is an EVO. It's kind of loud and annoying riding it all day. I generally run just 225 or 240 for the trails. I've only tried the 270 once. I would need to add a bunch more clutch weight to stay at 270. The bad thing is these are hard on clutch parts, etc. over the 250 mark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts