Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out there wed. night was wondering what the weather whas doing and how the trails are holding up?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Trails should be good for the most part, there is a lot of snowpack. Here's the forecast...looks good for you...Marc

Montague, NY

Tuesday Dec 31, 2002

Wednesday:
Partly cloudy skies. High 27F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday night:
Cloudy skies with a few snow showers later at night. Low 12F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
27 °F 12 °F
-3°C -12°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:36 pm
Moonrise: 7:41 am Phase: Waning Crescent Moonset: 4:18 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 2
Thursday:
Periods of snow early. Highs in the low 20s with temperatures nearly steady overnite.

22 °F 20 °F
-6°C -7°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:37 pm
Moonrise: 8:37 am Phase: New Moonset: 5:23 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 3
Friday:
Light snow at times. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the mid teens.

30 °F 14 °F
-2°C -10°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:38 pm
Moonrise: 9:23 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 6:32 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 4
Saturday:
A few snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the low teens.

27 °F 10 °F
-3°C -13°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:39 pm
Moonrise: 9:58 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 7:42 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 5
Sunday:
Occasional light snow. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper teens.

30 °F 17 °F
-2°C -9°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:40 pm
Moonrise: 10:27 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 8:49 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 6
Monday:
Occasional light snow. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper single digits.

30 °F 9 °F
-2°C -13°C
Sunrise: 7:37 am UV Index: 1, Minimal Sunset: 4:41 pm
Moonrise: 10:51 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 9:54 pm
Averages and Records for Jan 7

·
Registered
930 Posts
Here is the latest trail update. Hope the trip works out for you...Marc

Tug Hill -- Happy New Year... Magnum -- Wednesday, 01 January 2003, at 1:08 a.m.
The temperature is approximately 30 degrees. A mist or light rain fell on the area for most of the day, with the temperature high at 37 degrees. Around mid afternoon a thick fog rolled in, and by 5 p.m. the rain was coming down pretty good. There's 1 to 2 feet of snow on the ground. Some areas have a little more or less, due to snow drifts. The snow was very mushy or soft, with many puddles.

From Highmarket, down North Road to North Number 9, was in fair condition. McGoldrick Truck Trail through Barrows Performance, on Highmarket, was in good condition. Graves to Centerville, to Flat Rock, to Parker's Corners was groomed and in fair condition. Carpenter Road, through the Railroad Bed, out to the Sportsman's was in fair to good condition. South of Timberview, heading to Brantingham has many thin to bare spots and it's in fair to good condition. Barnes Corners to the Hill was in fair to good condition. Brantingham's trails are in fair to good condition. Heading North to Stillwater was rough and heading South toward the drive-in theater, the roads are bumpy and thin to bare. Continuing along Route 12 down to the Edge hotel and the River Trail Restaurant are in fair to good condition with. Boonville's trails have a few spots that are worn, however the trails are in good condition. Heading South of Highmarket, toward the Hideaway and West Leyden, was in fair to good condition. Heading to Osceola from the Sportsman was in fair condition. The forecast is calling for New Years Day to be partly sunny and colder. Highs near 30. Cold temperatures and snow is expected from Wednesday through next Tuesday, with a few inches of accumulation each night.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was at Timberview Lodge last night, The trails suck! grass showing everywhere, But it is going to snow tonight and the rest of the week!

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the trails went to shit out there or what? is it still worth heading out there tonight or not?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tug hill is ne of syracuse ny. I'm in the same situation you are in greenjacket. we decided to drive the extra couple hours and go out to ny.we're coming from IL and its about 12 hour drive. it should be quite a bit less for you.checked on map quest its 480 miles from detrroit to the place where we are staying. heard most of the trails in the u p are in poor shape with no new snow until monday.out in the tug hill they had a couple feet on the ground, and are suppose to get more snow the next couple of days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
does anyone know if there is any places to get atrail pass besides at the licence bureau? i have a pass already but i have abuddywho needs one, and we were hoping to get one on the way down.
:D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by tothebar@Jan 1 2003, 03:26 PM
does anyone know if there is any places to get atrail pass besides at the licence bureau? i have a pass already but i have abuddywho needs one, and we were hoping to get one on the way down.
:D
Do you mean a NYS registration? You can only get those from a Dept of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to the best of my knowledge? You do not need a trail pass for Tug Hill. You do need a trail pass for the Old Forge area that you can buy in Old Forge...Marc

·
Registered
984 Posts
Rode the hill today, 110 miles. Trails were good in the morning, started getting rough as the day went on. Should only get better as the week goes on, snow and cold.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys getting ready to head out there should be there around 10 thursday morning if everything goes well. If anyone wants to meet up while we're there give me a call on my cell phone 815-342-5035. hope to hear from some of you guys. thanks again snowman and marc for all the help.

jon

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
$ 75 for a seasonal permit. $ 40 for a weekly permit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got back from first trip to Tug Hill. Drove from Detroit, rode two days (200 miles) to break in F7. Stayed in Boonville. Trails were decent in morning but rough as Hell by afternoon. Still great trip, about foot and a half of snow on the ground. We stopped at DMV office halfway between Utica and Boonville on Route 12, for $35 sticker we were all set (well worth it!). I will be back.
Also talked with lots of F7 riders who were all very happy with the new sled, as am I.

·
Registered
124 Posts
greenjacketf7 I got your e mail. If you haven't left yet let me know. Troy,mi is not to far away from me, and we could hook up, and hit the road for tug hill. I need to finalize my plans for this weekend, and next week. Some guys just got back from fargo today, and said it was great riding there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts