Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone had any information on the wind farms on Tug Hill. Any idea if these will impact the riding this winter? Are there any trail closings expected?
:dunno:

·
Registered
409 Posts
My Webpage I was up to my place in August and went to the watercross at Flat Rock and saw that they were using Flat Rock road to access some wind mill construction. My observation is that they improved the first part of the road but I do not know how far back they go,also I think they will have to plow the roads to the windmills so they can get to them if they need to so this might cause some problems. I also heard that if a wind mill is close to a trail there might be issues with ice coming off the blades and falling on a sledder so some trails might need to be moved. There are new roads cut into the woods to build wind mills. The Barnes Corners web site probally has info on the wind mills because he has been posting on trailconditions.com about the constuction throughout the summer.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
We have windmills here on one of our trails. The trail runs right under several tower blades. They plow the road but leave some on the side. I know its not tug hill but its windmills. Pretty cool when its pitch black night and you stand under one of those things.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are two windmills on my property in Fenner, NY. The local sled trail goes fairly close to one of them without causing any detractions from riding. In fact alot of folks break off from the trail and drive all over my fields to check out the windmills and the view of oneida lake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts