Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I want to 1st of all say thanks to all the Clubs on the Hill left Motague at 7:30 am Saturday put on 187 miles and trails from Motague to Sportsmen,West Lyden Boonville, Cville , Turin Awsome all day Great on the way and great on the way back. From Tiberview to Montague going back at 1130 pm not a rough trail we went on.

From my point of view with all the traffic every place jammed with sleds trucks and trailers I give my day of riding a 9 out of 10. I thoght everyone we came across was using had signals and driving at safe speeds.

Also I think there is a post started another death on the Tug Hill, Well Really I belive it is the only death on tug hill all others happened in NY not on Tug Hill,

Drive safe and stay right.

PS: I was in Flatrock probably 8 times over the last 2 weeks do you think just once the owner would say thanks for the business or even have a nice day, NOT.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well,

I want to 1st of all say thanks to all the Clubs on the Hill left Motague at 7:30 am Saturday put on 187 miles and trails from Motague to Sportsmen,West Lyden Boonville, Cville , Turin Awsome all day Great on the way and great on the way back. From Tiberview to Montague going back at 1130 pm not a rough trail we went on.

From my point of view with all the traffic every place jammed with sleds trucks and trailers I give my day of riding a 9 out of 10. I thoght everyone we came across was using had signals and driving at safe speeds.

Also I think there is a post started another death on the Tug Hill, Well Really I belive it is the only death on tug hill all others happened in NY not on Tug Hill,

PS: I was in Flatrock probably 8 times over the last 2 weeks do you think just once the owner would say thanks for the business or even have a nice day, NOT.[/b]
You are correct, the owner hasn't the clue on how to run his buisness. Very lousy personality and the food just plain SUCKS!!!!!!! I always steer clear of that place everytime I go up. Someday he'll get a clue that more people will stop in if he just improve the attude and service . On a side note, the dogs are always pleasent to hang out with.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i was on the south side of the hill myself this weekend and i would like to say that the trails were in as good a shape as they could possibly have been for what they had to work with. we hie some fantastic trails (i'm not telling) and some that still had water holes. al together it was a great weekend.
we did get stopped on ryan road sat night coming fromthe hayloft headed to cedar pines. D.E.C. officer was flagging riders down and they had a chase sled off the side of the road. so just a word of caution to anyone who might want to chance being unregistered or drinking and riding, it looks like they're getting more serious.

·
Registered
62 Posts
PS: I was in Flatrock probably 8 times over the last 2 weeks do you think just once the owner would say thanks for the business or even have a nice day, NOT.
[/quote]

Your right, Gordie is an ass. He is the most arrogant, unsociable, ignorant business owner on the hill. I own a camp up there and all the locals steer clear of the place. They all say he is too overpriced and his personality sucks. If it weren't for his location he'd have nothing. And to boot, all he does is bitch about the windmills. He does have nice dogs, but if that's all you have to offer, something is wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
gordy is an ass, i used to stop there at ripoffrock, but now i just pass it. Poor food, cold showers(if you stay in his rooms) and a piss poor attitude

·
Registered
552 Posts
You are correct, the owner hasn't the clue on how to run his buisness. Very lousy personality and the food just plain SUCKS!!!!!!! I always steer clear of that place everytime I go up. Someday he'll get a clue that more people will stop in if he just improve the attude and service . On a side note, the dogs are always pleasent to hang out with.[/b]
and not obese either which is surprising. i've seen lots of people feeding them. in my probably 6 or 7 visits, i never met the owner. the help seemed alright.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just wanted to say I agree with the comments about Flatrock and Gordon. We have been riding the hill since '94 and his attitude has never been good... don't expect a change anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
WOW after all the threads out there bashing the Hill and the Clubs all I can say is THANK YOU!!! After all the hours my sons and I put in on cutting brush, signing, building bridges, grooming, attending meetings and all the other stuff it's just plain old nice to read kind words of appreciation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your right, Gordie is an ass. He is the most arrogant, unsociable, ignorant business owner on the hill. I own a camp up there and all the locals steer clear of the place. They all say he is too overpriced and his personality sucks. If it weren't for his location he'd have nothing. And to boot, all he does is bitch about the windmills. He does have nice dogs, but if that's all you have to offer, something is wrong.[/b]
i was told the its the out of towners that keep the place going. no local will go there cause they know it sucks! its dirty filthy and should be condemed! i like the dogs in the kitchen!!! the cooks petting and scratching the dogs and the tremendous amounts of fur all over the place!! stay away!!! even seen dogs take food from peoples plates while they were turned the owner laughed and didnt offer anothe dinner WTF!!!!! never been back that was last season. theres to many other places to go that are nice hit timberview, spotsman, cider pines ,montigue inn ,resivoir inn. some might be older but the people are nicer and accually know that with out us the would be out of business!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well,

PS: I was in Flatrock probably 8 times over the last 2 weeks do you think just once the owner would say thanks for the business or even have a nice day, NOT.[/b]

I just want to agree that the flat rock is nothing but a shit hole.

·
Registered
167 Posts
WOW after all the threads out there bashing the Hill and the Clubs all I can say is THANK YOU!!! After all the hours my sons and I put in on cutting brush, signing, building bridges, grooming, attending meetings and all the other stuff it's just plain old nice to read kind words of appreciation.[/b]

Buddie and I have been going up to the hill since 1998 I appreciate all the hard work that you guys put in. I understand the trails get all bumped up on busy weekends but you have to expect that. As to the Flatrock I will never spend another buck in that place the Food sucks service sucks the whole place sucks... I will say he does have a sweet ass groomer though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have been riding Tug Hill for over 30 years. I usually put on about 4,000 miles a year, with 75% being on the Hill. Flat Rock Inn is by far the worst place to eat on the hill. I can't believe that every time I go by their, on a weekend the parking lot is full of sledders. I can't understand why anybody stops there. The only time I ever stop in there, is if I am in the general area and have to take a crap. Bathrooms are good size and are located just inside the main door.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well,

i also used to spend tones of money there but got tired of waiting for drinks an gordon is is plainly a dick !!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You are correct, the owner hasn't the clue on how to run his buisness. Very lousy personality and the food just plain SUCKS!!!!!!! I always steer clear of that place everytime I go up. Someday he'll get a clue that more people will stop in if he just improve the attude and service . On a side note, the dogs are always pleasent to hang out with.[/b]
Can't be too bad they're always packed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ya go spend the weekend there for 3 years in a row get back 2 me a 1Bummer fill this guy in hey bummer red face still tending bar lol[/b]
Making my first trip to the hill the 13th-16th of Feb. I will make sure that we avoid "Craprock" (as I've seen it called) I don't like keeping idiots in business that don't suport the very people that keep them going.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been riding Tug Hill for over 30 years. I usually put on about 4,000 miles a year, with 75% being on the Hill. Flat Rock Inn is by far the worst place to eat on the hill. I can't believe that every time I go by their, on a weekend the parking lot is full of sledders. I can't understand why anybody stops there. The only time I ever stop in there, is if I am in the general area and have to take a crap. Bathrooms are good size and are located just inside the main door.[/b]

Yup he is a dick has been since we been going,started riding there in 1994,the filthy dogs we saw walking on the tables are a nice touch though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts