Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in 115-miles on the Hill today! Conditions were amazing! I wasn't expecting that good of conditions. Dropped in BC at 1 p.m.and headed over to the C5B as far as Mud Creek Rd then turned around and headed to Whiskey Jack's for, well a couple of Jack's. The name of the bar makes me do it! Plumber, the North Rd. Houseville Gulf, all the usual suspects were flat & fast with mashed potato snow. Some slushy spots here & there. One along Rector Rd heading towards Lowville has a work around. It looks like a quad pulled somebody out at that one. The plowed section of Pitcher Rd from the SRR was covered in 2-inches of snow and was good.

The SRR north of the Hook & Ladder is bare and mostly dry. Also the McGoldrick Truck Trail was the worst of the day. Whooped up pretty good. Olin was whooped in spots too.

Back to BC by 5 p.m. I wish I coulda gotten there sooner. I'd a got in 200 for the day!
70% very good, 20% okay & 10% junk. The guy at Highmarket said groomers have been out. Just wow! Working with what's there.

If you can go Thursday, GO!

The trail SE outta BC is getting very snirty. You can drop there, but just know the conditions will be fair until you hit the main trails.

Photos: Windmills in Lowville & trail along Borkowski Rd.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is an ancient Doo map bag that I cut the straps off and resewed them so the zipper was at the top. When it’s at the bottom, everything fell out. I use this bag on my dirt bike and Harley bagger.

I like using paper maps.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Thats great. A group of my coworkers have adventure bikes and swear by the paper maps and bags like that. Maybe Ill try something like that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
This is from the Turin Ridge Riders FB Page...

3/5/20

We have closed trails and (see map) no access between Tug Hill and points East like Old Forge, Brantingham, The Edge Hotel. We will need more snow and come to reopen them as the rain has opened up numerous waterholes. Please respect the landowners and stay off of the closed trails.

28 degrees this morning, coldest it has been since Sunday. A fresh dusting of snow last eve too. Temps warming into the 30s again today, spring like weather with the ups and downs. Weather for the weekend looks ok for riding, just don’t expect concrete hard trails, snow will soften from the warm sun and bumps will develop so plan your riding accordingly.

We groomed the seasonal roads on the hill last night and Lee Gulf. Seasonal roads are in good condition, there is a slush hole by Tabolts corners as can be seen in one of the pics below, though it is not deep enough for the Tig Hill Kracken to take residence...at least not yet? Lee Gulf is in fair condition after grooming, the warm temps and older grooming equipment made grooming Lee Gulf perfect not possible, though it is better than it was yesterday. Expect the trails to be firm this morning and to soften as the day goes on. We will continue to groom nightly as long as conditions permit, looks good through at least Saturday.

Reminder for now you cannot access points east from Tug Hill such as Brantingham, The Edge Hotel, Old Forge, trails are closed.

If this is helpful information for you please support what we do and join our club or make a donation to our groomer barn!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts