Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
From what i know, Tucker just started cutting and shaping this seat so it looks cool and for his riding style. Nothing special. Just the way he likes it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Actually, I was just thinking about this seat the other day. If you watch his starts, he sits on the "stepped" part of the seat for the starts, and when he is riding in a straight line. I think it might be to get him boosted up a little bit higher kinda like the REV. Then the low front part is so he can get low and lean way to the inside in the turns. Eliminates the "top heavy" feel of the REV.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Don't just look at the seat look at the tunnel. Just straight no kick up. I am pretty sure thats his mod sled. Many changes from the F series.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The phots are of his stocker, his mod has a taller tunnel and a different seat, also the tunnel isnt that long on his mod sled

·
Registered
285 Posts
if you look at ipsen and tucker mod they have taller tunnel and shorter tunnels. go to wsa photo gallery and look at the races from valcourt, look at the picture intitled as tucker/ ipsen. there for it is his stock sled

·
Registered
140 Posts
The photos are of Tucker's mod sled. Olah Racing and Trevor John ARE running different chassis than Tucker. Olah Racing's/John's sleds were built by T&S Racing while Tucker's is from Cat. The T&S chassis has no "kick-up" (ETT) at the rear. Tucker's mod sleds from earlier in the season had the rear "kick-up" but that apparently has changed. However, if you look closely at the both the T&S chassis and Tucker's, you'll find that the T&S design is a more radical departure from the standard Firecat tunnel than Tucker's, and is significantly "deeper" (taller), is shorter, and doesn't have the aft plastic close-out compared with Tucker's open classer.

If I had to guess, Cat is experimenting with some new rear suspension geometries and/or chassis, and are using both chassis to iterate the design.

Check out the photos of Gulla's sled from the Grad Prix de Valcourt race and you'll see the differences between the 2 chassis (note the '04 Fighterjet graphics but in black)
http://www.olahracing.com/gallery.asp

·
Registered
899 Posts
boss seats makes all of the seats for hibbert and the 440 mod class. boss seats said they have produced 20 of them they are lower lighter foam that rebounds much faster from heavy bumps also the seat is ventilated so it actually breathes and forces water out. they say the seat weighs the same after a full season as when it was first made so it does not retain water. the seat area is made from a special type of canvas that is non skid so your butt stays where you want it. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Russ Ebert builds tucker's sleds and his mod sleds are unique one of a kind builds. I read an article about Russ and his methods
to building mod sleds. Pretty smart man. It would be great to work on race chassis like that. The seat is a custom made seat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As I said in my earlier post, the T&S Racing open class sleds fielded by Team Olah Racing and Trevor John have a deeper and shorter tunnel than Tucker's open class sled. The fact that the tunnel is shorter would lead me to conclude that they are also running a shorter track (my guess the traditional 121"). Perhaps Cat is having 2nd thoughts about an 128" track for bump bashing? I know Polaris experimented with longer tracks on some open class sleds several years ago and never pursued the concept any farther. Maybe Cat should have taken a cue from Polaris' experience.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i talked to tucker this weekend about his mod seat and said hes rarely ever sitting down, and when hes standing and landing sometimes the seat will hit him in the ass and throw him off, says more comfortable with small seat :mellow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts