Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a night. First my droopy suspension and now when I go to put 8 inch cat carbides on the things dont fit.

The rear stud dont even come all the way thru the hole.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Found the same problem when I bought 10 inchers last week. I still put them in anyways. Cat
is aware of the problem my dealer told me. I rode almost 1500 miles and they didn't fall off
(haha) so I guess it's alright.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sounds like you're getting carbides for the wrong sled. I think they changed after 2001. I don't think there's any problem for Cat to be aware of...

If you compare one for 2001 and 2002-03, I think you'll see the difference. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don`t know about the after market one but I think someone at Cat F-d up on the Design.

Dealer said woodys makes cat carbides.

But I bet woodys wont be a problem.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Six inch Woody's fit on mine but the rear bolt is just long enough to get the nut on. Tighten all the others first and it will pull the bolt up through as far as it will go.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
On the woody's dooly, There are 2 diffferent sized rear bolts. The older doolers are being replaced by the newer longer ones. On any 2003 fcat or zr you will have a problem because of the new saddle design. I suggest you look at the carbides b4 you buy them. Make sure the last bolt (stud) is just as long as all the others. If it is shorter dont buy it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yep,

They changed the saddle if you bought the older carbides. (Like I did) at the beginning of the year and didn't get the newer ones the last bolt won't go through the saddle.

I just bolted my 10" carbides down at the beginning of the season -- with three nuts and left the last bolt without a nut. Haven't had a problem yet with 900 miles on my "old style" carbide. I figure the carbide will wear out before I have problems because a bolt is missing. I'll buy the "new style" carbides next time around.

·
Registered
320 Posts
2002 CARBIDS HAVE SHORTER REAR BOLT. 2003 THE BOLT IS LONGER TO GO THOUGH THE REVISED SADDLE. 2002 WILLWORK WITH NO PROBLEM. IN FACT WOODYS DISCONTINUED THE 02 STYLE WITH THE SHORTER BOLT. OBVIOUSLY USING THE 03 LONGER BOLT WON'T BE A PROBLEM IN EARLIER MODELS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts