Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody put a trunk pouch on there F7?? Did u all drill holes and rivet it on? any other ideas other then drillin holes? i paid to much to drill holes in the tunnl :huh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the part number of the trunk bags?

I am looking for more storage space and I have not looked at any installed.

Does anyone have some pics of theirs installed?
AC or other mfgs.

Do you like the fit, durability, and ect.?

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Here's a picture of Robs set up,the trunk bag fits nicely,as do the bags,but as you can see,the bags leave a slight wrinkle in the top loop over the seat.The bags were designed for the 17 in tunnel,not the 14 in,but they fit.Both from AC.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i just drilled the holes with a cordless drill. You may wanna use 4 pop rivets instead of 2. Make sure u put the rivets on inside out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
the bag is great you dont know how much you use it.now everyone i ride with wants to use it :blink: i always say to full :D .i have the headlight covers on mine,and the bag is a great place to store them when it gets dark.plus you can access the stock trunk through the bag.i can take my camera and other odds and ends i need for that days ride.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
Don't worry about drilling hole's in your tunnel, it doesnt hurt anything you should see the holes I put in my sleds, as not only do I have saddlebags I have my map bag and for long distance touring I mount spare hyfax under my running boards, that way I only need a hammer and chisel if I burn up a set of hyfax, minimum down time. When it's time to say goodbye to the sled I just fill the hole with pop rivets to match the tunnel

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
if you are looking for a clean look, line the bag up on the seat so you know where to mount it. use something like eraseable ink to mark the points on either side of the bag where the tunnel and seat meet. Take the seat off and mount the straps to the bottom edge of the seat with a couple of small pan or wafer head screws. This looks really clean and is easy to do. Only bad thing is the bag doesnt come of as easy as the clips in the tunnel

·
Registered
47 Posts
The trunk bag is a great addition. I use mine all the time to hold oil, hats, tow rope, whatever.....I've heard numerous compliments about how the bag looks and fits.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am on my second bag. This bag need to be fastened tight. Even bungy cord or 2 on them. Your you will loose your stuff.

I am lucky the dealer gave me a new one at no charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed mine by taking the seat off and then drilling a hole in each strap about
a 1/2 inch from the end. I used my track stud tool. Then I placed the two straps
over the stud and reinstalled with the seat and nut holding
the bag on. Rode 300 miles this past week and didn't have a problem and I
was carrying quite a bit of weight too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The trunk bag is excellent and fits perfectly. Yes you have to drill holes and rivet the tunnel. Don't plan on storing anything fragile including food because it will be reduced to dust...(my experience). Cameras etc. are much better off in the windshield bag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts