Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get the stator coil to come off the shaft. I have a 04 F7 and I was going to replace the timing key with a 2.5 degree. Well not anymore since I can't get the stator to pop off. I used a puller but still won't come. Anyone have some ideas to remove it? Also, what would be a good clutch set up for the mountains?

·
Registered
884 Posts
are you talking about the flywheel? i think you are. try giving your puller a few smacks with a hammer. sometimes they come off hard.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya thats what I meant. Ya did the hammer thing. My buddy was a mechanic at our local dealer and we can't get it off. I know it was going to hard but not this dam hard.

·
Registered
130 Posts
trying tapping on the puller flange as well, I beat and beat on the puller, then tapped the flange and bingo. Let me know if it works for you too.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
trying tapping on the puller flange as well, I beat and beat on the puller, then tapped the flange and bingo. Let me know if it works for you too.[/b]
I also had a real hard time getting mine off, but it did come off.

Good luck !!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I'll try that next weekend when I work on it. I want to get this key in but if it doesn't come off it will have to wait till this summer. I'll keep you informed. Now its just clutch set up for the mountains, anyone?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
04 Sno Pro 440 chasis, 1.7 lug, 04 700efi motor, BMP Pipe and can, hopefully 2.5 key if I can get the flywheel off, remap computer to 06 specs soon. Next month there will be a 151X2 under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts