Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the hospital last year because I was ditch riding at night ( NOT A GOOD IDEA ) But anyhow I hit a waterheater. YES a Waterheater!!! I hit it doing about 60 in this real flat dich. The sled and me went airborn I baild cause i was tipping sideways. Spraind my wrist and bent the blulkhead on my dads sled. Easy to fix. Skidplate saved it.

Also got a concussion 2 years ago on my ZR I was ridin with my dad and his work buddies and we went over this terrace type thing. I aired it out cause I saw the guy infront of me air it. I landed with the middle of my sled hitting the edge of the hole everybody was landing in. I was standing up and when I hit the ground my legs colpsed and I went strait into the handle bars. Knocked me clean out. The guy that was behind me said I was like a rag doll looked like I was going thru my sled. I put 60 more miles on that day but I had one hell of a headach the next day

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got to spend a wonderful evening in the Grayling hospital at the end of last year's season.

My buddies and I were riding power lines that we havn't been on before (first mistake). We started out going slow but the trail was smooth and wide so we kept speeding up. Well I got up to about 65-70 and all of sudden there was a large uprise in the ground like maybe an old farmers lane embankment. I slammed on the brakes but it was too late- I hit the bump and skyrocketed in the air. I rode it out but landed extremely hard in only about 2" of snow. I flew off and tumbled around and blacked out for a minute or so. When I came to my buddies were all standing around me and saying " dude- that was a sweet jump, you must have been 20 feet in the air!" - then they realized I wasn't all there. My gloves and one boot were missing and I was seeing lots of stars! When I sat up I thought cool- everything is still attached. But then I raised my arm and my hand swung right down towards the ground-I had broken my wrist. Turns out I did more than just break it- I completly crushed it and broke several bones from the impact.

Two surgeries later and lots of therapy its as good as it's gonna get. Lots of plates and screws and some real cool x-rays!

It doesnt move up and down very good any more but the good news is I can still squeeze the throttle on my new F5!

My MXZ that I crashed had a twisted tunnel and the dealership said it was totalled. I took it to my buddy's frame shop and now it's as good as new.

Moral of the story-know where your riding before you decide to crank it up.

See you on the trails!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Broken collarbone in 2000 after hitting a hidden dirtpile on the steep side in a blizzard. Thank god I was only doing 40 when i hit it. Hurt like a sob though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
All I will say is that you DO NOT wat to go to the hospital in Grand Marais MN.......

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got to go to the emergency room in Ironwood last year after I hit a tree with my $12,000 CC ZR D&D 1010 that had 500 miles on it. :angry: Just punctured a small hole in my leg, no big deal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In 1972 on my 447 Skiroule, I was going down a trail we had used many times. Someone put a steel cable across it and it rode up the hood and windshield and caught my chin at about 50. 19 stiches and a night in Rhinelander hospital. ! inch lower it would have been Dunbar!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
85 Formula SS, Broken leg in 1986 after sliding sideways into the back of a Phazer, Leg got caught between shock and rear grab bar of Phazer.
Had to Ride back from SpruceDale to Kearney Ont. approx. 30 miles, then had 3 hour drive back to Brampton because Huntsville hospital sould not cast it (too much swelling) Got cast 2 days later, but rode the rest of the season and only had to have cast replaced 3 times due to cracking while riding. ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
All right.... It involved a brand new ZRT 600 (52 miles) a group of trees and a bit too much speed... Bunch of broken ribs, punctured lung, broken leg, blown knee crushed ankle and some minor stuff. It sucked... But here I am, ready to rock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts