Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got myself a set of triple pipes of a 98 mach z 800 and im putting the pipes on my 98 formula 3 700.....do i need to change the jettings as a 98 mach 1 700 ???

and anyone knows if the pipes is gonna work good on my sled ??????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yes, the pipes will bolt up if you have all the brackets. The pipes from a 98 MACH 1 and MACH Z are the same to my knowledge and are made for mid to top end performance. Are you trying to get more top speed out of your sled because I don't think the F-3 is that much slower than a mach 1 [ 0-5mph ]. The single pipe on your sled helped low and mid range performance with less weight [ 10-20lbs ] giving you better handleing in tight turns. The jetting is different but I think you have the flat slide carbs like the MACH Z and I can't tell you what sise to put in since I have a 98 MACH 1 with the old round style carbs.
So just changing the pipes and jetting without changing the primary and secondary clutching to match the performance of the MACH 1 I just don't think you will gain that much.[IMO]
You need someone like 97 MACH 1 to help you because he may have done or knows someone who can give you some help.{ HE LOVES TRIPPLES TOO}
Hang in there and think snow!

RBT700 :div20:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts