Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back.. trip went great. Started at St Raymond noon wednesday, rode into Jonquiere before 6pm with 210 miles. Yesterday (thursday) we rode around Lac StJean then east on TQ83 to Relais 22 and stayed there last night, 275 miles. Today we woke up to -35C temperature. Brian's recoil cord broke on his Viper, but he was able to fix it in less than an hour. Took a good 25 pulls or more to start my F7. There was a RX-1 there also that wouldn't start. C-c-c-c-c-c-cold weather for the middle of March. As Brian said, the snow is 'asshole deep to a ten foot indian' in many places and there should be good riding for several more weeks at least.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That trail looks beatiful, it was 50 degree here today in wisconsin.....you are a lucky man.

P.S. how's your F7 compare to that RX1???????
:D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 14 2003, 08:32 PM
Took a good 25 pulls or more to start my F7. There was a RX-1 there also that wouldn't start.
LOL! So much for EFIs always starting on the second or third pull. Sheeze, I'm surprised you didn't give up after a few pulls or so. Glad you had yet ANOTHER great trip Rob! -- Roy (3833 miles for '03)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
How about a HCS trip to Lac St Jean. How far over the border
is this? I've only been as far as the Bombadier museum in ????
I can't remember the name of the town.

·
Registered
156 Posts
welcome back rob,when i was in quebec in feb. one morning it was about the same temp. and it took about 12 pulls to start my f7- the problem is that it is so cold that you cannot spin the motor fast enough to energise the fuel pump-next time it is that cold i am going to try pulling the spark plugs first to let the motor spin faster for a few pulls-turned over the 2000 mi. mark this week-all is great with my sled however after this weekend i am afraid that most of the riding here in n.e. pa. will be finished-have to start traveling now to ride-tug hill still has lots of snow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts