Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i believe in dennis kirk you can buy the black trim that goes around the edge of windsheild if old trim wont fit, or 03 sno-pro 440 has low windsheild , should bolt right on

·
Registered
19 Posts
on my dads f7 standard, i trimmed the green windsheild down and used the crome trim to make it look like tuckers race sled last year, ill have pics soon turned out good.

·
Registered
530 Posts
i would cut down my chrome windshield but im afraid of that layer of chrome to flake off when i cut it. I was thinking of masking around the cut but its a 100$ windshiled and i dont have the money to get a new one so im not gonna fuck with it unless for sure it wont flake.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,441 Posts
Hey F5 I cut my chrome windshield and the chrome didn't flake off, but you have to becarefull you don't rub your shears on the back side of the windshield. That will take the finish off, I have a few small places where I nicked the inside with the tip of the shears when cutting it, but I was lucky that the windshield piping covers them.
I will try and get a few pictures of it, but it might not be till after xmas
Later.....................Flash and Flare

·
5,441 Posts
Yep, I used tin snips. I believe the brand name is Wiss ? I got them at my local Fleet Farm.
Flash and Flare

·
Registered
899 Posts
I umm had to replace the chrome windshield on my black f7 sno pro. i called dan at outdoor shop and he suggested the bronze chrome windshield looks real sharp sorry i rolled sled but the bronze windshield was almost worth it ouch! :wacko: :blink: :eek: :p B)

·
5,441 Posts
You could use a band saw but I would be afraid of scratching the surface or the windshield or scratching the chrome off the inside. The snips seem to work real well, after I was done I took a sanding block and sanded any ruff edges off and made sure it was all consistant from one end to the next.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night....................................Flash and Flare

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just put the Arctic red flame windshield on my red F7...it's awesome! I like the chrome too, but this red flame unit is a dead match with the graphics. Also nice to be able to see the ski tips.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'm curious how a person figures out how low & what lines to cut when trimming so that it looks consistant on both sides.... There doesn't seem that there would be much of a margin for error..... Can someone 'step'me through the process?? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mark your cut line with electrical tape. Then step back and look to see if your pattern is symetrical. From there cut with straight angle snips or an air saw. Sand down high spots and reinstall trim with super glue. The nice part about using electrcal tape is that it is flexable enough to make smooth curves.

·
5,441 Posts
Well I finally got time to get out to the garage and snap a few pictures of my cut/trimmed windshield.
I think it really turned out sweet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts