Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Deer River next week, so I thought I would update everything. What a shit show. 7s shuts down before update completes. I now have no maps. NOTHING. I am beyond infuriated. The map file was old, so maybe that was the issue. Downloading todays updated now. Hopefully that will work. If it's not broke, don't fix it I guess..

Finally get snap to trail, and now I have NO MAPS!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
No shit. Polaris really needs to get their SHIT TOGETHER! Why offer an update to the public that will basically brick the GPS function of ride command? Absolutely PATHETIC!
Agreed, it should even load it you already have that version or newer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did you try to load the update file or the complete base map?

I load the new update file about every 2 weeks. It typically takes less than 1 minute. I have to make sure I pull the snow update and not the update for off road when on the Ride Command website

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try to load the update file or the complete base map?

I load the new update file about every 2 weeks. It typically takes less than 1 minute. I have to make sure I pull the snow update and not the update for off road when on the Ride Command website
I made the mistake of checking base map. Now I'm F**ked. Fu*k You Polaris.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I ran across this in the manual awhile back:

If your vehicle is equipped with electric start, the 7S display (if equipped) will remain on when the key is in the ON positiion. After 60 seconds, the display backlight will dim and then fully shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Does reloading the base map take more than 10 minutes? If so, maybe poking the touch screen during the load will prevent the display from shutting down. Then again, you might just be screwed since it doesn't seem like polaris has a path to reload the 7s to the factory default configuration by the owner

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Heading up to Deer River next week, so I thought I would update everything. What a shit show. 7s shuts down before update completes. I now have no maps. NOTHING. I am beyond infuriated. The map file was old, so maybe that was the issue. Downloading todays updated now. Hopefully that will work. If it's not broke, don't fix it I guess..

Finally get snap to trail, and now I have NO MAPS!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Sort of the Same thing happened to me. Polaris is going to cover a new 7s. But who knows when that will come in! Im still not sure why it happened, but has me not wanting to try and play around with it again.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Should have read excursions post.
What does it say? My 7s didn't turn off, but when trying to load the newest maps it in Turn deleted my sled maps. Then I tried to reload the base maps and that took out everything on the gps,, every town, road, etc. Again know idea what I did wrong, just happy polaris is helping me out with a new 7s.

·
Registered
255 Posts
On my 2022 xcr with the latest software, a box called map layers or maybe just layers gets displayed at the bottom of the map screen, but I don't remember off the top of my head how to get it to show .... maybe by tapping the icon at the bottom center of the map screen? If you need to know, I'll go check

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
I don't recall seeing that page, could be something on the 22? Or maybe I just can't remember seeing it. No big deal at the moment, if you think about it next time or whatever.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is the basemap almost black when you accidentally do this update? Haven't spent hardly any time on my new gauge but did notice it was almost blacked out. I did ask my dealer to update the display for me prior to picking the sled up. I didn't know any better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is the basemap almost black when you accidentally do this update? Haven't spent hardly any time on my new gauge but did notice it was almost blacked out. I did ask my dealer to update the display for me prior to picking the sled up. I didn't know any better.
Is it set to night mode?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to push it outside and try the update with the sled running. Probably won't work, but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Called my dealer, and of course they were no help. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Often, when loading an update on other types of equipment, if it hangs, the update could not be read correctly. How long are you waiting for the map data to load?
When I picked up my sled, I downloaded the complete map file just in case I would need it later. Have you taken a look at the file after you've copied it to your usb drive? It should have the same name and approx size as below. This file is older, so it'll be a little smaller and don't pay attention to the location on my pc. Things I'd check in your case:
  • is your usb drive large enough, formatted correctly, and not defective? it should be at least 64GB for that size file. I've had many bad usb drives over the years, some brands I'll never buy again. try a different usb drive
  • is the file at the root directory of your usb drive, and the only file on the usb drive?
  • are you inserting and removing the usb drive when the 7s is powered off?
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have had my trails disappear after doing an update and didnt realize until i was 20mins down the trail and toggled to the gps. But i also updated my friend sled at the same time and his was fine. What i found was i pulled the usb out before turning the sled off. And that somehow caused the issue. When we got home i did the update again and this time made sure to turn the ignition off before pulling the usb stick out. And everything was fine after that.

I wouldnt update the maps more than once or twice a year. You will notice that even though they list them daily, the update date never changes. I think April 2021 is when mine shows, and i downloaded the updated last week. I wish they would only list the trail update when there was ACTUALLY an update.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It’s too bad that somebody doesn’t invent some kind of device that fits in your pocket, provides location data and maybe even allows you to talk to people over the telephone system. If only something like that existed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts