Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by Rafikie@Oct 12 2005, 05:03 PM
Anyone know if you can still get MA, NH & ME on 1 sticker.  if not my wallet is going to be empty :dunno:  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925172
[/quote]
Dont think there ever was a tri state reg, :dunno: its a great concept though and I think we should all start working on political clout to make it happen. :div20: Its a gross restriction of commercial trade to have to register in every f*&$ing state, :banghead: :banghead: and if they would just let us ride unrestricted anywhere the elevated dollars spent would more than make up for lost reg money.
How's everything in Lunenburg? I'm originally from Ashburnham and use to spend lots of time and money at Cully's and Poor Farm. :frech32:
pathfinder58
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
Originally posted by pathfinder58@Oct 12 2005, 07:20 PM
Dont think there ever was a tri state reg, :dunno:  its a great concept though and I think we should all start working on political clout to make it happen. :div20:  Its a gross restriction of commercial trade to have to register in every f*&$ing state,  :banghead:  :banghead: and if they would just let us ride unrestricted anywhere the elevated dollars spent would more than make up for lost reg money.
As only pathfinder could have put it, this guy should be president.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
i think the idea is USELESS and would never work!!! there are many reason why it would not work!!! first how would u divide the money betwen the states???? what makes each state sell it for the same price???? who would be in charge of it???? but i could go on and on about it but i really dont feel like writing 10,000 more reasons on why it would not work!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dude calm down. apearently it was jst a rumor I heard and it was a questions not a WELL WOUDN"T IT BE GREAT IF :frech32: . Although I personaly think it would be a good idea. whatever the state sells for passes is what the state makes for it's fees then they would also make out on the tourism money people, families, even clubs doing state to state trips. The biggest benifit would be 1 sticker instead of 3 or 4 lol. Anyways I don't see why a large New England oriented club couldn't pull something off. :frech11: **********PATHFINDER FOR PRESIDENT********** Pedro for vice

Hey pathfinder things are good down here :div20: . Lunenburg Snow riders holds it's 1st meeting of the season tonight so that'll be a good time. Haven't heard anything good about Poor Farm lately go figure. I did however just purchase a new Apex RTX from Culley's with out any problems :banana: now all we need is some of the fluff :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by Rafikie@Oct 13 2005, 02:04 PM
dude calm down. apearently it was jst a rumor I heard and it was a questions not a WELL WOUDN"T IT BE GREAT IF :frech32: . Although I personaly think it would be a good idea. whatever the state sells for passes is what the state makes for it's fees then they would also make out on the tourism money people, families, even clubs doing state to state trips. The biggest benifit would be 1 sticker instead of 3 or 4 lol. Anyways I don't see why a large New England oriented club couldn't pull something off. :frech11:  **********PATHFINDER FOR PRESIDENT********** Pedro for vice

Hey pathfinder things are good down here :div20: . Lunenburg Snow riders holds it's 1st meeting of the season tonight so that'll be a good time.  Haven't heard anything good about Poor Farm lately go figure. I did however just purchase a new Apex RTX from Culley's with out any problems  :banana:  now all we need is some of the fluff :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927274
[/quote]
Dont let Larry give you any grief! :frech11:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
Yep, the Poor Farm is terrible in sooo many ways. Gave them a shot in the past when I lived down that way. I could give many many reasons to avoid the place. JMHO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
A little history. :div20:

Believe It Or Not!! :augen41: At one time there was a Tri-State agreement. :banana:

There was a reciprocal agreement between ME, NH & VT. :div20: If you were a resident of one of these states and your sled was registered in your state, then you could ride in all of those states. :banana:

First VT pulled out. :banghead: Then a few years ago ME did the same. :banghead:

The NH law is still on the books. :div20: Any state or Canadian Province that honors a NH registration; NH honors their registration. :div20: No new laws or regulations need to be enacted as far as NH is concerned. :banana:

Hopefully, some day, every state's registration will be honored by all states. :div20: Just like cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc., etc.. :fluffy:

Mark :beerchug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
It has puzzled me, ever since I started riding. :cn:

I once thought of sleds, like they were cars. Reg. in your home state and you ride then entire US of A. Ha-ha, fanasty!

Why would that concept seem odd?
What is strange is the current system! :wut60:

You have to put out $400 bucks a sled, to ride nh, vt, me, and quebec, and when you have more than one sled that adds up. :banghead:

Ask Mark/ pathfinder they know what thats like... :frech32:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by OldViperRider@Oct 13 2005, 05:30 PM
A little history. :div20:

Believe It Or Not!! :augen41: At one time there was a Tri-State agreement. :banana:

There was a reciprocal agreement between ME, NH & VT. :div20: If you were a resident of one of these states and your sled was registered in your state, then you could ride in all of those states. :banana:

First VT pulled out. :banghead: Then a few years ago ME did the same. :banghead:

The NH law is still on the books. :div20: Any state or Canadian Province that honors a NH registration; NH honors their registration. :div20: No new laws or regulations need to be enacted as far as NH is concerned. :banana:

Hopefully, some day, every state's registration will be honored by all states. :div20: Just like cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc., etc.. :fluffy:

Mark :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927651
[/quote]
dont need to register in VT if you are reg in another state , just a trail pass, and thats what all would require if same reg , so no better
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by OldViperRider@Oct 13 2005, 05:30 PM
Hopefully, some day, every state's registration will be honored by all states. :div20: Just like cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc., etc.. :fluffy:

Mark :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927651
[/quote]


That's the way it should be :div20:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,228 Posts
Originally posted by OldViperRider@Oct 13 2005, 05:30 PM
A little history. :div20:

Believe It Or Not!! :augen41: At one time there was a Tri-State agreement. :banana:

There was a reciprocal agreement between ME, NH & VT. :div20: If you were a resident of one of these states and your sled was registered in your state, then you could ride in all of those states. :banana:

First VT pulled out. :banghead: Then a few years ago ME did the same. :banghead:

The NH law is still on the books. :div20: Any state or Canadian Province that honors a NH registration; NH honors their registration. :div20: No new laws or regulations need to be enacted as far as NH is concerned. :banana:

Hopefully, some day, every state's registration will be honored by all states. :div20: Just like cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc., etc.. :fluffy:

Mark :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927651
[/quote]


If I remember right Mass and Maine were reciprical at one time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by Mainecat@Oct 14 2005, 06:59 AM
If I remember right Mass and Maine were reciprical at one time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928922
[/quote]
I think your right about Maine and Mass. which is pretty amazing seeing as how they don't touch each others boundaries. :dunno: I cant understand how people dont think its possible to have general reciprocity across the snowbelt, when we can get in our car and drive to any state, or country we can get to without a problem. :frech11: People dont think this is strange, why cant we make it happen? Lets start with Maine and New Hampshire! :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Remember that Mass. wants sales tax, Vermont insists on insurance, and i know the state of Maine will want the lions share of the money. SOOOOO, i dont think it will ever come about.. My 2 cts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,274 Posts
i dont go for the "if you cant afford 4 registerations you shouldnt have bought the new sled" line i ll keep buying my new sleds when i can afford them and continue to ride my home state and one other state (most likely maine) and let the other two (definitely vermont or either nh or maine depending on where i register for the year) lose the tourism money i d bring in if i could get one or two registrations ...like said previously im pretty sure maine used to accept mass registration i sort of remember as a kid my father and his buddies he works with complaining about having to start registering in maine ...but i could be wrong


and i dont see how anyone could think it wouldnt be a benefit to have a new england pass a week end worth of riding would make up for the lack of trail passes being sold and then i think it could be up to the clubs to collect money for their areas ...my father and i both join a club in mass and a club in the area we ride in maine ...i definitely see the negatives of a new england pass but it seems like the positives of increased tourism would make up for the negatives
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
Apples & Oranges....just playing devil's advocate here;

No one would enjoy multi-state registration more than I....sledding right along the Maine & NH border and venturing occasionally over to Vermont.

However, you cannot compare interstate travel by motor-vehicle with that of a recreational vehicle like a sled, ATV, etc.

States must observe each others registrations due to edicts from the Federal Government as all States receive and spend copious amounts of federal funding to maintain their respective roadways,

That is why the feds have so much control over our lives on the highways, whether it be the drinking age, speed limit or safey belt encroachment.

Don't know about you, but I'll gladly spend the extra few bucks locally to keep the feds at an arms length when it comes to sledding.

As for the tourism argument, believe you me if the politicians knew that multi-state registrations would bring in huge amounts of tourists dollars to their respective states during the winter, they'd be falling all over themselves proposing such a regulation.

The truth is, they are told by their own tourism officials, fish & game folks and motor vehicle people that the financial benefits would be far outweighed by chasing people illegally registering their sleds in other states for insurance, residency and a host of other reasons. And the nightmares it would cause as each State tried to claim what they think is their fair share of the registration revenue for trail maintenance, law enforcement & rescue and administration fees.

Sorry, there are just not enough people enjoying this fine family sport to encumber the New England area with a multi-state pass system.

And isn't that just a shame?

Ahhhh, my $.02
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top