Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
We went up to ride quads in UP last weekend. I couldn't believe the amount of trash(mostly empty beer cans) in the woods.

Also seen a lot in ditches.

Great way to loose our privileges.....

Remind your friends and fellow riders!
This is something that annoys the shit out of me. its really simple, If you have room to carry out on the trails on your sled you have room to take it back home with you.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,637 Posts
I pull a trailer behind my 4-wheeler when I pick up my trail signs in the spring, and I always find enough crap to fill a 5 gallon pail or two.

·
Registered
40,384 Posts
We went up to ride quads in UP last weekend. I couldn't believe the amount of trash(mostly empty beer cans) in the woods.

Also seen a lot in ditches.

Great way to loose our privileges.....

Remind your friends and fellow riders!
Its the same snowmobiling on a sunday morning for some areas where i ride. You can fill your windshield bag with empty beer cans before you get 5 miles out. Every year since the 70's its been the same old thing.

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
Now that the snow is melting up there it amazes me how much trash starts to show. I realize these are popular trails but wow. That is why you have storage areas on your sled.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I agree. This type of behavior always amazes me and I've seen this sort of thing going on for enough years that our generation cannot pin this one on the millennial's. It's not likely that those that frequent this site are culprits either. Anyone that is a true enthusiast of the sport would not be dumping their shit wherever it lands with not a single thought about giving an ounce of respect to the landowner's that allow our sport to exist here.

My son and I are constantly picking up trash on the trails and I just don't get it. Not like this rant is going to stop it but going to post it up anyway.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I carry a trash bag in the rear bag on my four wheeler. Seeing all those beer cans along snowmobile and ATV trails not only shows there are a lot of pigs out there but a lot of drunks also.

It's the same way along roads now. My mother came out from Ohio to Minnesota for a visit some years ago and remarked how clean it was along our roads. Now there is trash everywhere. Pigs that throw their trash out the window of their vehicles. Cutbacks for highway employees has seen a severe curtailment in highway workers for picking up trash and cutting grass and weeds along highways. The state and county now ask volunteers to clean sections of highway for free. An ATV club I belonged to cleaned a two mile section of highway near here. The state put up a nice little recognition sign with the clubs name and stating that the next two miles of road were cleaned by such and such club. But these groups only pick up trash once a month for the most part. The roads are not so nice anymore.

·
Registered
40,384 Posts
I carry a trash bag in the rear bag on my four wheeler. Seeing all those beer cans along snowmobile and ATV trails not only shows there are a lot of pigs out there but a lot of drunks also.

It's the same way along roads now. My mother came out from Ohio to Minnesota for a visit some years ago and remarked how clean it was along our roads. Now there is trash everywhere. Pigs that throw their trash out the window of their vehicles. Cutbacks for highway employees has seen a severe curtailment in highway workers for picking up trash and cutting grass and weeds along highways. The state and county now ask volunteers to clean sections of highway for free. An ATV club I belonged to cleaned a two mile section of highway near here. The state put up a nice little recognition sign with the clubs name and stating that the next two miles of road were cleaned by such and such club. But these groups only pick up trash once a month for the most part. The roads are not so nice anymore.
Same here in connecticut, roadsides in rural areas haven't been touched since the snow melted in march. There's plenty of discarded trash with no money in the state dot budget to clean it up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I live near Pontiac lake recreation area and can ride from my house to get there for a quick ride fix. There is an awesome high spot where you can look out and every time I go there I find a stack of empties. I always pack them on my sled. We have idiots among us. Got to be young punks that do it. I hope I catch them someday

·
Registered
265 Posts
I live near Pontiac lake recreation area and can ride from my house to get there for a quick ride fix. There is an awesome high spot where you can look out and every time I go there I find a stack of empties. I always pack them on my sled. We have idiots among us. Got to be young punks that do it. I hope I catch them someday

I live near by as well. Its a great spot to get a quick fix during a snow storm.

·
Registered
768 Posts
In Ontario the Cops will charge you if you have an empty alcoholic beverage container on your sled, even of you picked it up as garbage

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Don't bet the farm on that one, these types of people have been around longer than any of us have, young, middle and old all have done it and still do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same deal in West Branch

Tell me about it! Not just beer cans, what about furniture? There is a trail near me I used to call “Love seat lane” for obvious reasons. Recently some A-hole emptied the rest of his house there, so now it’s “living room lane”. WTF? There is also a King sized mattress on the ATV trail that must have been a lot of work to get back there. Also - informal pole - I’ve noticed about 9 cans out of 10 are Bud Lites. Anybody else notice that?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
In Hurley our snowmobile club has a spring highway pickup. Goes on highway 51 and Cty C a mile in each direction from the clubhouse. Had to postpone it for awhile because of the amount of free standing water in the ditches.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
In Hurley our snowmobile club has a spring highway pickup. Goes on highway 51 and Cty C a mile in each direction from the clubhouse. Had to postpone it for awhile because of the amount of free standing water in the ditches.

Our club does that also. for our spring cleanup we collected 40 bags of garbage and a pile of stuff that wouldn't fit in the bags. we did it last in sept. of last year. bunch of pigs. included was about 15 empty salt bags and ice melter. I did give a local guy some crap about leaving those bags loose in his truck as he has one of those small spreaders in his truck and lives less than 2 miles down the road on the road we do our "adopt-a-highway" on. and he also has a business plowing and salting.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I was on the trails / dirt roads west of 66 and south of W Sharon road......the beer cans/bottles hanging in the trees from twigs head high kinda sucked...I did see a memorial for Joe Brown I think his name was that was kinda sad.....anyone know what happened?? I know its been awhile.

I have a friend that drinks bush lite....I will say there is never a beer shortage at his house!!

The eagle look out in Springfield area is pretty cool to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts