Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone though of a way to mount a smaller style trans cooler-- like a b&m -- under the hood to create more surface area to the cooling system? then to mount it near a duct like for the brake etc... or even behind the secondary

was watching hp tv today and saw the add-- and i just started t wonder!!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im sure it would work if you had it positioned in the right spot, the possibilities are endless. Im thinken about putting the old heat exchangers off my totaled sled on top of the tunnel and connecting them into the original system using quick conects. Im not going to try that until i ride it for the first time this winter.. If it runs too hot ill do something along those lines. If not, Fuck it i'll just dock off into the powder every now and then hahahah.

Also I have race heads on my 05 sled now and plan on running pump gas (93 octane) this winter. I dont want to spend $300 bucks and buy the speedwerx trail heads. so I was wondering if it would hurt the sled to run pump gas on race heads? I also have the pavailability to advance or retard the timing +3, -3 degrees. if I did that would that mean i wouldnt need the trail heads?

someone plz hook me up with some info.. snow is right around the corner :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by snoprochris16@Oct 16 2005, 09:16 PM
Also I have race heads on my 05 sled now and plan on running pump gas (93 octane) this winter.  I dont want to spend $300 bucks and buy the speedwerx trail heads.  so I was wondering if it would hurt the sled to run pump gas on race heads?  I also have the pavailability to advance or retard the timing +3,  -3 degrees.  if I did that would that mean i wouldnt need the trail heads?

someone plz hook me up with some info.. snow is right around the corner :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934127
[/quote]

your sled wont last more then 1 ride, you have to reprogram the cdi get the heads cut for lower compression and add the rear cooler.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Originally posted by snoprochris16@Oct 16 2005, 09:16 PM
Im sure it would work if you had it positioned in the right spot, the possibilities are endless.  Im thinken about putting the old heat exchangers off my totaled sled on top of the tunnel and connecting them into the original system using quick conects.  Im not going to try that until i ride it for the first time this winter.. If it runs too hot ill do something along those lines. If not, Fuck it i'll just dock off into the powder every now and then  hahahah.
Also I have race heads on my 05 sled now and plan on running pump gas (93 octane) this winter.  I dont want to spend $300 bucks and buy the speedwerx trail heads.  so I was wondering if it would hurt the sled to run pump gas on race heads?  I also have the pavailability to advance or retard the timing +3,  -3 degrees.  if I did that would that mean i wouldnt need the trail heads?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934127
[/quote]

With that setup your motor won't last long. You need your cdi reprogramed and low comp heads. Read the pinned topic. You realize if you burn it down once your looking at way more money than a set of low comp heads are.

·
Registered
302 Posts
dont get all pissy, I was just wondering b/c my 02 mxzx 440 has race heads and iv been running pump gas on it for 2 years and it still has 175 compression. :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts