Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the trails out by woodstock (Start at the intersection of RT14 and RT47 i believe) and go all the way up to wisconsin are opened? Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
385 Posts
They WERE open and good for the most part until we got this damn warmup - now there is ZERO snow left anywhere that I can see.

I heard they were all officially closed as of yest. @ 6 am and the rule of thumb is frozen ground and four inches to open again.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully we'll get some good snow so i can get out there. All i need is the blue 2008 illinois sticker right, to ride them right.

·
Registered
385 Posts
As long as you stay in IL that's all you need, but if you go into WI you will need to get a non-resident trail permit ( about a four inch square , yellow sticker) which is $18.00

We were at my dads in Northern WI over x-mas and got ours there - I sure wish it looked like this here!!! 20" of fresh snow on the 23rd, we either rode in the fresh powder or fresh after the groomer and barely saw 25 sleds in three days I'll bet. It was one of the best WI trips we've ever had, we hit it just right!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here's another pic...............

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here's one of me and the wife......hard to believe this was only like two weeks ago and now it's 55 degrees or whatever!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow looks sweet. You have some pretty sweet sleds too! Have another question, when i bought my sled this fall the previous owner orginally wasn't going to sell it so he put the 2008 WI stickers on it, but he lived in Wisconsin. Can i still ride with these? Pete

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks,
Ya, you'll probably be okay with the WI reg. tags on it, as long as you don't get stopped and somehow the DNR ( or whomever ) figures out that you are not who the sled is reg. to.

I've got bad luck with that kind of stuff, so it's cheaper for me to just buy the trail permits instead of paying the tickets!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If you get stopped and they run it you'll be in for a major fine for not having an out of state permit.

You have 2 choices
1. Register in Wisconsin. This is what I did as I quit riding in Illinois when I moved back into the city and quit riding in Illinois

2. Buy a Wisconsin trail pass which is $18 or $21 on line.

Either way I'd suggest you do it rather than risk getting stopped.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If IL DNR stops you, which they will as they set up all over the place on the grades and stuff(we got hit in Richmond this weekend) they will want you to be up to snuff. If you have a WI sticker on the sled, they'll ask you where is your IL permit? Just like if you rode WI and have IL registration. On the IL registration form you can elect to transfer in your registration from WI to IL as I recall. Just print the application from the DNR website and send it in with the $18 and keep the second page on you as your 120 day permit in case you get stopped..

Its a $75 ticket for no registration. I got one last year the first week I owned the sled and hadn't gotten the form yet.

I have IL registration and both WI and MI trail passes on my hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts