Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I bought my ProX brand new in 04. Everytime I've taken a bolt or shock off I've used antisieze when reassembling.

I've worked on so many used sleds that a five minute part replacement takes days and $ because the bolt siezed to something.

Take whatever you can apart over the summer and anti sieze so when something breaks on the trail you can actually fix it.

Free advice for the day......

·
Registered
39,954 Posts
So is this a wear item or no. As long as its there am i all set
All I can tell you from the bearings in those trailing arm i've worked with the bearing would be considered n/g. Don't know about these ''foam donuts'' Whats the inside past that foam stuff look like?....is it just a steel sleeve, or actually a spherical bearing? Hopefully someone else can give their opinion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just went through the same trailing arm bolt problem. Your bolt is corroded and rusted onto the metal bushing in the trailing arm. I tried everything and finally cut the bolt off from underneath with a angle grinder. Your right about cutting into the trailing arm it self. We just cut the whole thing into pieces and threw away the trailing arms and put on new. I fought with those bolts for about 2 weeks and finally had enough. It comes from all the salt and crap that accumulates on your suspension and never gets cleaned off. Open trailer sleds are notorious for this.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
if the trailing arm needs to be replaced? then just cut it off. using a muffler cutting tool ( wizer). cut a slot in the arm where the bearing is. under the sled. spread it with a screw driver and get the trailing arm off of the bearing. then use the vise grip puller and it should come out? i realize you cut the bolt behind the trailing arm, but next time do the above.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts