Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i towed my f7 up north last weekend on my trailer with my buddys sleds on there as well and by the time we got there the covers were brown it's not an enclosed trailer so when the weekend was over we came back and the sleds have scuffs on them from the sand and stuff that got on the covers mine didn't get hurt to bad thank god just the windshield got scuffed up now it has shields but if i put like a shield on the trailer that folds up for the shield and folds down for the ramp will that keep most of the stuff off the sleds.??????

·
Registered
485 Posts
Anything to keep the road spray off the sled would be a big help! Also consider an undercover or at least a flannel blanket under the cover to protect the hood and windshield.

·
Registered
516 Posts
For the thousands of dollars that is spent on a new sled it just seems rediculous to me not to spend $1000 dollars or less for a full cover for a trailer. (Two place anyway) Seeing those new sleds goin down the highway with the covers just a flappin and smackin away on em just makes me cringe.... :wacko: I got a new all aluminum, torsion axle, covered 2 place for 1600 bucks...just drive em up, clamp em down and go. Even works great for puttin some gear between the sleds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
we just put a aluminum diamond plate slush guard on our 101 triton. Cost was about $140. (cheaper than the plastic ones) at our dealer. Install was a breeze. Its just the right height for blocking 99% of road grime. However road spray still gets over it. But it effectively blocks the real heavy nasty stuff.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
just sold my 4 place enclosed
bought a floe 4 place open alum. , with salt sheild that doubles as drive off ramp,
trailer was $4,800 a little pricy but floe makes one of the best trailers out their, 13" wheels instead of those little ones that burn up wheel bearings
just was sick of pulling that monsterous enclosed trailer down the road
we drive pretty fast, so i think the open bed 4 place with brakes on each wheel is safer, with less drag

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've always used ACs under covers and it helps alot. No more scratched windsheilds. When you get home you can just toss it in the washer and clean it up too. The first one I bought I was pissed because I thought 'why can't they just sew this into the cover itself' but after using it and being able to wash it, I think this is a great way to go. I have an enclosed trailer so I don't use it much but it's nice when I do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Enclosed is the only way to go.I bought a new trailer from Dan at The Outdoor Shop all Alum 12.5 feet long three door v-nose with 6 foot ceilings.This trailer is light ass hell. Great for high speed travelers. It will fit three sleds B)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
wait till the wind catches it, and your looking at the side of it at 80 mph
i pull with a f-350 4x4 lariat 4-door diesel , cant get much bigger than that,
and had some hairy times pulling the 4 place enclosed
i know i will get better mileage with my new flat bed alum.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Running a Floe 2-place with snopro cap and a Kristi 4-place enclosed lowboy, I would rather tow the 4 banger anyday over the 2-place.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dave if you see a Green Ford F-150 super-crew with a 5.4 L V-8 go past you it's just me. I know the 350 will hold any trialer from blowing it around. Maybe you shouldn't pull a trialer at all :lol:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i've got a $5,000 says that f-150 wont pass my diesel pulling trailers
2002 f-350, hypermax 5" exhaust and diablo 150 hp comp. chip
by the way i also toe a 32" power boat with no problems
their is on ocasion ice patches on the road when you drive to get to snow,
and the tall(6') enclosed trailers catch the wind,
it will happen to you sooner or later
we have to tow a min. of 500 miles one way to get to good riding from chicago

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ALOT OF MONEY ROLLING DOWN THE ROAD, I'D PROBALLY LET YA PASS
PLUS YOU CAN SHAG OUT THE COPS RUNNING RADAR!!
THEY LOVE US SNOWMOBILERS HEADIN NORTH, HELL BENT FOR ELECTION!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
KEEP IT AT SPRINGBROOK MARINA ON THE ILLINOIS RIVER,
YES IT HAS A 10-6 BEAM BUT I TRAILER IT TO MY SHOP TWICE A YEAR TO CLEAN THE BOTTOM PAINT AND STORAGE, WEIGHS ABOUT 14,000 WITH TRAILER
ILLEGAL TO TRAILER BUT I TAKE COUNTRY ROADS SO HAVE'NT BEEN BUSTED YET
2001 WELLCRAFT MARTINQUE

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
SEA RAYS ARE NICE BOATS, THE MARINE WE KEEP OUR BOAT AT ONLY LETS YOU HARBOR THE BOAT THEIR IF YOU BUY IT FROM THEM, THEY DONT SELL SEA RAYS OR I'D HAVE ONE
AFTER I HIT THE LOTTO(YEA RIGHT) I'M GETTING THE 54 SUNDANCER WITH DIESELS!!
HAVE FUN SLEDDIN, BE SAFE
MY NEXT TRIP IS TO HOUGHTON, MI IN THE U.P. IF THEY GET SNOW

1 - 20 of 38 Posts