Discussion Starter #4
LoL
I may have one in there by next season. :D
Jim !!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very nice.
I have those same cabinets. I purchased them at the Snow Show last year. Great product. Tell me about your oil rack you have there. It looks sweet too. How much was it, and where did you get it?

Fully enclosed is the only way to go, isn't it!

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackCat f7
I bought the trailer at atlantic coast trailers in charlton mass. www.actrailers.com.The interior shelves are pit pal http://www.pitpal.com/ They are real quality and come in a wide assortment for you to choose from based on your needs. I like the storage because I can stock inventory and be self sufficient. For example:
I run klotz oil But not just any one sells it but i can keep all my preffered products and gadgits in one spot and always know how much i have. And yes your right enclosed is the only way to go ! also I could have bought the lower height model , but I wanted to be able to stand up comfortably, and open the hoods comfortably. If you notice i kept the shelves high , not to interfere with the sleds upon loading. I have an f 350 powerstroke so the drag from the added height doesnt make any difference. Trailer with goodies
around $ 7,000.00
JIm !!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
You need a sterio system in there too! That way when the wife nags, you can go in there, eat, breath, and talk sled head and you won't have to hear you! :lol:

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nick
I couldn't have said it better !!
Jim :lol:

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alleycat.
That picture was taken last fall when i bought it. the aluminum doesn't look as shiney after the winter because of the frost and condensation . I might insulate it and do the interior in white over the summer. I'm also one of those nuerotic types for neat ness and being organized. Every time I get back from a ride I pull the sleds in and give them a major detailing and check everything.
Jim !!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
jim , i also noticed you sead you run klotz
i ran it in my old zr in 98, it was very clean.
i am running it in my fiercat now
and when it set's for a minute or two
and i pull away there is a big black spot in the,
snow, does yous do that two??
this is my first e.f.i.
p.s. the valves look clean.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, No spots so far.
But I really noticed that the klotz has a realitivley thin viscosity to it compared to when I was running cat oils. If its 20 below zero it will pour out of the can like it was 20 above. I think that if you have an area that is vulnerable to leak , the klotz will find its way out. I also feel that the seemingly thin viscosity helps protect the pistons and cylinder walls on cold starts, that is one of the reasons I have stuck with it. I'm no mechanic
this is just what I have seen for myself.
Thanks for the compliment on the trailer also JIm !!

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlackCatf7
No problem for the Link!! The streight part of the trailer is 14 ft then there is like 4 ft of the v nose at the front from that point. My three sleds have reverse .So what I do is I drive the t cat in first all the way into the front of the v nose part, and then I back the zrt 600 and zr 800 up next to each other from the rear. If I was bringing two people with me that didn't have reverse I would drive the first one in from the front door, then drive the second one in from the back door all the way up into the v nose part, and then back mine in last from the rear !! I can also put two sleds up front and back the third in between the front two But its tight , so I prefer to load them the way you see them in the picture. I like the 14 ft because say when you have two sleds in there, you have some nice comfortable room to do thing like get out of your suit or into it if your having to trailer to your destination rather than leaving from where your staying. You
don't feel cramped.
Hope you have had a good year of riding !!! Jim !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts