Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Power Madd low profile ski glides? Do the carbides dig in? My friend has the garage door trim glides and our C&As carbides don't fit so well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I put a set on my trailer this year and have had good luck with minimal carbide damage. Have not used other brands so I don't have a lot to compare to.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm using a cut up bed liner and so far the carbides haven't damaged it yet. I cut strips out of the bed liner with a circular saw and it looks pretty good. Found the liner on the side of the road. Works for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Put a set on my trailer this year. Think they are great. Carbides don't dig in. The sled will slide right off the trailer when tilted up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have used a product hat is for hockey rinks.
Its called either: "puck board" or rink board"
Its white almost plastic like. Use the thickest you can find.
The only draw back is in extreme cold (-30cel and on) it seems to become
a little brittle.
Sells by 4' x 8' sheets. cost me around $35.00 a sheet. Used one and cut
it into 1' x 8' x 2 and 2'x8' x 1 strips.
An old track cut works excellent down the middle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by jagdcat@Feb 3 2003, 09:18 PM
Does anyone have experience with Power Madd low profile ski glides? Do the carbides dig in? My friend has the garage door trim glides and our C&As carbides don't fit so well.
I have Slide Guides. They are made from recycled plastic milk jugs.
These are the best trailer guides I have seen. They are a little costly
but it will be your last purchase. I have had them for 5 years no problems
check out slideguides.com :wub:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by jagdcat@Feb 5 2003, 07:02 PM
Snoace, where did you purchase that from ?
I bought the puck board (rink board) at a local lumber-hardware store.
In Saskatoon its called J&H Lumber. You'll need to check it out at larger lumber yards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found this on another site somewhere, so I can't take credit for it....

You can buy solid vinyl moulding at Home Depot in 10 foot pieces. They are 1"x6" format with 5 flutes in the back side. They are called garage door jamb. I paid $15 each.

If you look HERE there is a cross-section diagram labelled "Jamb." You can mount them with the flutes up and they look just like ski guides. Get a box of stainless steel screws and you are all set. ;)

Note: I could only find white here in Dayton. My dad lives in Chicago and found other colors at Menards.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Your skegs will get caught in those door jamb guides if you have a 1/2" host bar. It happened to me, but i just ran a router down the channel to clear it out a bit and they work fine after that. If its a 7/16 host bar, no problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts