Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will these new sleds fit in a 10 ft. enclosed? I can feel this thing begin to snow ball! LOL!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was looking at Aluminum trailers with a clamshell top at the Novi Michigan snowmobile indoor show. I went up to one display (sledbed, I think) and they had a 10 foot with an aluminum cover. I asked them if the Firecat would fit and they said "no" and showed me a larger and slightly longer trailer with a clamshell top on it. (Not the folding down top.) The trailer was somewhere in the $3300 range (for a clamshell top and longer than normal two place. I wasn't that impressed.

Some have mentioned earlier on one of the forums that some of the 10' trailers work and sometimes these sales people will say a 10' isn't big enough to sell you a bigger trailer. Others have said that they have had a problem with the firecat with a 10' trailer and cover. The Firecat is 10' 1" so with it's skis it's technically to long for a 10 foot enclosed.

Then I found an Amera Aluminum enclosed trailer that was more expensive but was also a true V-nose and was a 16' Vnose, bigger than my earlier 14' V-nose trailer. I really like having the extra couple of feet for more gear.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have a 10' sled bed enclosed and a firecat fits with about 6" to spare. It has a longer tunnel/track, but the overall length isn't much more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts