Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got home from a 130 mile ride, and wanted to load the sleds so I could trailer north tomorrow.. To my surprise, I couldn't fit my F7 with the 7" wide Powder Pro skis in without overlaping. I have a "Polaris" (actually Featherlite) with a Snopro cover. The cover fits inside the rails and takes up a few valuable inches. It looks like it may be time to upgrade my trailer. Question is, what is the BEST and WIDEST enclosed 2-place trailer on the market? And where to get it in northern VT or NH?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I would recommend Floe also.

You may have to go to a drive on/off style instead of a tilt to get the width you want. Personally I would look into a Renegade "in-line" style trailer, that stagger loads the sleds.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yup, I noticed this also putting 2 F7's in my 101" wide trailer...skis were overlapped. Also noticed that after 300 miles they seemed to get wider even when I picked up the front suspension to make is narrower!!!:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a Triton Elite 12VR-101 with a Bear cat Cap. The cap from Triton didn't fit with the F7s but Bearcats mounts are Cantilevered out 3" on each side to give you the width. Fit 2 F7s easiliy even with ski runners. Also had my wifes ZL on with my F7 and still no worries. The 12 is a little long but my old 10 wouldn't close over the snow flap. It is a Drive on/Drive off but I believe it does come in a tilt.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the inline trailers are real nice, just wanted a change, sold my enclosed for a floe 4 place drive on drive off
with built in salt sheild/ driveoff ramp

·
Registered
23 Posts
I HAVE TRITON ELITE 12 VR SAME AS " THE SNOWMAN".

MINE TILTS AND HAS TOP CAT FIBERGLASS CAP. SWEET SET UP

PULLS GREAT

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i have an open floe which has the same as a bottom as a floe inclosed. Best Open trailer on the market. super strong. I think you could fit it on there. If i load the sled on the trailer and put them ski to ski, i would have about 6 - 8" left over.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm happy with my Load Wright 3 place With a top on it.
drive on drive off. It was the only 3 place trailer that will
fit in my garage.My f7 and zl fit with at least 2 or more
in of extra space. If you wanted to you could load so
they face away from each other and have 4 feet of extra
space. It is Alum and toes very nice it only weights
1040 #. It could haul 3 two ups with no prob with weight
or space.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I know most of you guys are talking about enclosed trailers but here's what I decided to buy. A 2002 16' x 6.5' tandem axel utility trailer ($950.00). It's great for 2 sleds and you can squeeze 3 on if you have to. The trailer has railings around it so I mounted a 3' x 6.5 piece of plywood (painted black) to the front along with spare tire. I did have a swing gate (expanded metal) mounted on rear of trailer ($150.00) Put running boards for skis on gate. Plus you can lock the gate in the up position. This trailer works great for so many things: Haul car, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, ect..... Plus the tandem axels make this trailer pull so nice! Sorry for ramblin, but for $1100.00 I got a trailer that I can use for just about anything!!!

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts