Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2/3 place enclosed trailer and I was wondering do you guys have insurance on them and what is the cost? I live in Minnesota and my insurance guy seems a little clueless.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
I am not into ins. but would imagine it would be based on purchase price.
I own a 2-place aluminum 22.00 per year and a 4 place aluminum 62.00 per year hope this helps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
FC800, be careful. An auto insurance policy for towing usually only covers liability. I know this as I live in MD and drove to ME to get a trailer and asked my insurer (State Farm) and she told me I was covered under my vehicle policy for liability only. Ex - driving and the trailer comes off and hits a fence - insurance will cover the damage to other property and injuries to others. BUT, not the trailer or contents. I pay only $22.00 a year ($3,000.00 value trailer). This covers everything, even if it is stolen at a hotel, bar or home. Some people will nitpick and say homeowners will cover if on my property, but for $22.00 a year I will pay full coverage. Vehicle policy will NOT cover the contents. And my trailer is paid for, no loan, so this is not a requirement from a lender. Don't want to sound like a pro, but I feel this is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts