Hardcore Sledder banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, time will tell how these Swisstrax hold up. I coated the floor prior to installing them and they are designed to allow water to flow underneath. So not real concerned there. Dirt is a completely different issue. I guess I could pull them out occasionally, clean and reinstall. Sleds shouldn't track much dirt in, the RZR is a different story... I carry a pressure washer and clean the machine before loading. I have an open trailer for quick day trips, the enclosed is only for vacations and sleds.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I think they look great but I also worry about what happens when snow./water melts and turns to ice, will it lift them
all's great when water is water and can flow, but once solid like, I can see them maybe getting lifted up
so please update as you see how they work out after a few freeze thaws happen!

·
Registered
33 Posts
For those following this thread I would like to pass on my experience with Triton Trailers. I have a Triton TC167. Do not buy a Triton trailer. The axel fell off and wrecked the fenders in the process. I got it home and reattached the axel to the frame. While doing so I noticed there was evidence that only 2 of 4 bolts had been holding the axel on since new (no bolt witness marks). While remounting the axel I noted excessive corrosion from a improper insulating pad. Work experience has given me expertise in that area. My dealer had stopped representing Triton because of poor support but he encouraged me to call them. I called Triton and ended up talking to John in quality control. Because it was out of warrantee I conveyed that I did not expect much but I told him if he would give me a couple of fenders I could explain why there was excessive corrosion on the aluminum frame at the steel axel mounting surface. This problem is common in their industry but it is cheap to fix with a little knowledge. John got back to me with a well written e-mail saying that they had determined that the axel failure was do to poor maintenance. And that was my experience with Triton Trailers.
Seems like you should have been paying more attention to your trailers condition. Seems like it shouldn't have even been on the road in the first place if the axel is missing half the bolts that attach it to the trailer. Seems like you completely neglected your trailer and now want to push the blame when you were just too lazy to ever look underneath the trailer. I've never had any problems with the Tritons I have ever owned nor have I ever heard any complaints.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well I will say this, ,and please take without need to get mad
BUT any trailer can have a BAD one leave its factory, face it lazy people work every where and many other just don't give a crap about what they make, and NO QC dept will catch everything
This is WHY< its up to YOU the buyer to LOOK over things before buying, and look over many times as an owner, and as time passes!
because ALL things wear out, can come loose and move or?? lots of vibrations on a trailer, and road salt EATS things under them and on and IN them!

question for you since you didn;t list it too!

what yr is your trailer??
and how many yrs have you had it,??

and what you NEVER looked under it to see there were only 2 bolts holding axle to frame??

I am under MY trailers several times a yr inspecting things and doing PM's

again, ALL things wear out and its up to its owners to do PM's and make sure things are good yr to yr at a MIN
nothing last forever!

and don't forget folks, TIRES have a date on them for a reason, its NOT just tread wear and how much is there, before its time to replace them!
age alone is reason to replace to ensure safe travels!
SO< over all, I wouldn't BASH, a OEM due to a failure or flaw here 100% some falls on the owner IMO, and sorry if this offends you!
my one sled trailer is on its 4th axle< so, I do know they w ear out and need replacing at points down the road BEFORE a failure happens
Well put sir!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I had a cracked axle mount on a 8-year old Triton TC167. I would have NEVER caught this. I took it in to have the wheel bearing replaced and the trailer shop caught it, and replaced the axle.

·
Registered
2021 Switchback Assault 850, 2022 Indy XCR 850
276 Posts
How are you securing the red square's to the floor? Do they ever move around?
It's a floating floor. The sections interlock, and I cut the edges so it would fit with minimal extra space. It doesn't budge.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
273 Posts
Got bored. Still waiting for snow. Was 15C here yesterday. Ugh.

I hate getting salt all over me using the front hatch of a trailer. Thought I'd put something together to keep me clean. Snaps on and off for easy removal/cleaning.

Plant Black Outdoor bench Road surface Wood

Plant Window Building Wood Rectangle

Plant Rectangle Wood Road surface Grass

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I hate getting salt all over me using the front hatch of a trailer. Thought I'd put something together to keep me clean. Snaps on and off for easy removal/cleaning.
I just used to keep an old coat in the trailer for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got back with my ProStarr Bullit from a 1500 Km round trip to Cochrane, Ont. Was a tight fit for the two 137” 4 strokes but they fit, and the trailer towed excellent at highway speeds behind my F150 with its low height and narrow 7’ width. And it all fits under my 7’ tall garage door which is the main reason I went with this trailer. I’m gonna like this trailer.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Snow Light Tree

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Just got back with my ProStarr Bullit from a 1500 Km round trip to Cochrane, Ont. Was a tight fit for the two 137” 4 strokes but they fit, and the trailer towed excellent at highway speeds behind my F150 with its low height and narrow 7’ width. And it all fits under my 7’ tall garage door which is the main reason I went with this trailer. I’m gonna like this trailer. View attachment 2127472
Sweet! What rear tie downs are you using. I have front and rear superclamps but am still waiting on my sled to see if I can use the rears.

Can't wait to hit the road with mine. I had PPF put on the front of mine to prevent any rock chips.
The haziness you see after application is gone. That's just the moisture under the film from application and it eventually evaporates. It's perfectly clear and glossy now.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got these Triton flush mount tie downs that fit in the track in the floor. I used front Superclamps on both sleds and straps on the rears, but I need 1 rear Superclamp for the rear sled as the sled is right at the rear door and the tie down strap is vertical, not really ideal. I don’t think I could use a rear Superclamp on the front sled as I have to move it’s track over against the wall to allow the second sled’s ski to go under the running board of the first sled. I don’t think the clamp would fit on either side but if only bringing one sled and leaving it straight in the trailer then the Superclamp would work on it fine.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Snow Light Tree

Automotive lighting Tool Automotive exterior Auto part Font

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I got these Triton flush mount tie downs that fit in the track in the floor. I used front Superclamps on both sleds and straps on the rears, but I need 1 rear Superclamp for the rear sled as the sled is right at the rear door and the tie down strap is vertical, not really ideal. I don’t think I could use a rear Superclamp on the front sled as I have to move it’s track over against the wall to allow the second sled’s ski to go under the running board of the first sled. I don’t think the clamp would fit on either side but if only bringing one sled and leaving it straight in the trailer then the Superclamp would work on it fine. View attachment 2127519
View attachment 2127518
Thanks for the info. I bought another superclamp hook to go in the track. My idea is to use that on the sled on the right for the rear clamp. And for the other I'll use the supplied tracking that comes with the rear superclamp. If it works I'll let you know.

Like I said I haven't done anything yet because I want to get my sled and play with the layout.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

141 - 154 of 154 Posts