Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year while riding with my family we pulled as far off the main corridor as possible about 60 ft. now the family is not used to riding so they want to get off and walk around a little. well its a good thing we stayed by our sleds because here comes the trail demon im sure you all have met him before. he's the person who upon seeing you stopped. pumps the throttle vroom vroom then after making sure every one is looking at him pins the flipper and zing flys past you and your loved ones flinging snow and ice in your faces!

of course the kids start crying and wife gives you THE LOOK! any of you married guys know and fear THE LOOK! it turns grown men into blabbering incoherent idiots, because we know this is all our fault and if you even think about you know ha! forget it buddy!

thankfully we met up with some real nice people that day now everybody is hooked on riding.
So if your a trail demon slow down when people are stopped or when meeting oncoming sleds. remember these are human beings on and near those other sleds. and fear this if you don't behave you will get THE LOOK!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please make sure you pull off trail in a safe place(not right before/after corners)
and stay off the trail!!!
I hate people who stay on the trail for breaks.
You wouldn't stop on the highway/interstate and take a break, would who?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm seems there maybe trail demons responding to this post.
trail demons first line of defense oh they were parked to close to the trail!
trail demons second defense oh they were parked on a corner or on crest of
a hill!

seriously those are unsafe places but if you do see somebody stopped :blink: slow da beep down! just for a few seconds it wont hurt and the effort you make will greatly enhance the survival of all of us and our sport! B)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa listen green teamf7 on my first post i stated we were 50 ft to 60 ft from the trail! not on a hill or curve i might add to clarify the situation!

now if your travling so fast on a trail that your not able to slow down safley when coming over a hill or corner YOU ARE GOING TO FAST! period! slow down ! thats just common sense!

yes those people shouldn't be there but we both know break downs happen or could be another accident happened before you came tearing down the trail!

i rode with some guys last year and yes they were younger than me not that im inferring young people are irresponsible but these guys were tearing down SINGLE TRACK at 50 to 60 mph thru the woods around trees and over hills. i said this is nuts and slowed down to a safe speed . when i eventually caught up to them i voiced my concerns needless to say they felt justified going that fast, why you ole fart look at the motor on this thing and the suspension these sleds are built for this. yup i agree grasshopper they are built well but trail conditions set the speed that we should go not the motors or suspensions! If someone happened to be coming the other way it be wax on wax everyone off to the hospital or morgue

now if this post offends you or you just dont understand what the big deal is than do every body and yourself a favor and stay the h#ll off public trails because you are a danger to all and make the rest of us look like a##holes!

okay yea i own a f7 and it sure was built to go like a bat outta of h#ll and dont get me wrong when conditions are safe i pin the flipper & let out a scream of pure holy sh#T . its a blast but the key is in a safe area where if i crash and burn im the only one that will carted away! B)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This conversation could go on and on with no one being right or wrong...but take into consideration that everyone has their own limits and abilities. As long as that person does not exceed their own personal ability (within reason) who are we to say how they can and can not ride? My $.02.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i am a so called "trial demon" but i do slow down when people are stoped. and i do not rev my sled. i know that it is scary. when i'm passing i slow down to. when i was younger people would zoom by me just kissing my ski tips freaking me out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
We all love to drive fast but there is a place and the time for it. Please use some COMMON SENSE when driving.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
DITTO. If you're coming over a blind hill slow down and anticipate an accident on the opposite side. If you've got open views THEN open it up. That is the sign of an excellent rider. If not, your're just a poser and you need to go back to school or get some more mileage under your belt so you can handle all that power properly! This sport is no longer a game. We are packing some SERIOUS HP and with that comes with SERIOUS responsibility. Essentially we have Indy cars on a regular highway with families. Ride responsibly as in the long haul we are all ambassadors for our sport.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, I refrained from jumping into this thread, but it was all for not.
Here it goes...............
When I am by myself or with "The Guys," I ride hard and fast, note....I bought an F7 SnoPro, not a Z370. I also love taking my wife and kids riding, and then we take it down a few notches.
Yes, it is my responsiblity to watch for faster trafic and stop clear of the trail when we take a break.
But there is probably more responsiblity put on the fast rider to anticipate the potential for slower traffic, in areas with blind corners on tight turns, or when cresting hills.
Now, when I am riding balls to the wall and in a groove, I hate having to slow for a slower group.........but, tough. We all use the trails. It's not a SnoX track.
In my business, we go through extensive training. But we don't spend much time practicing the normal, everything is going fine senarios. We train for "anything and everything COULD and may go wrong.
So to sled, expecting no problems, no slower traffic, no on trail breakdowns, is foolish, and an accident or death waiting to happen.
Ride for the terrain and environment your in, not based on the size of juevos, and your sled.

Just my humble opinion,

Kevin

·
Registered
637 Posts
Acknowledging that we are all the most experienced, knowledgeable, and of course best riders on the planet, let's not forget , at times, there are newbie's out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts