Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The price of the trail passes will remain the same as last year ( imagine that!!) $180.00 before Dec 1, 2005 and after at $230.00 -Canadian funds in case you did not know. Here's hoping to a good year of sledding!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I was shocked too. Same $180. :celebrating:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew if I complained about the trail passes there would be some that would not agree with me.
I believe that it is time to say no to $180.00 or higher trail pass costs. We pay taxes that do make there way to the club operators as it is. If they do not get enough its time to lobby for a bigger share.
Is it fair that a family of 4 should each have to pay $180.00 ?, I dont think so.

G

·
we pay alot but consider what it would cost if no one volunteers if you bitch about the cost get out there and help. Family of four 1 night at the movies after dinner out 120.00 that may put it in perspective.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
The main reason permits are as high as they are is because of liability insurance. Claim pay outs to sledder suing clubs or the OFSC, we are the masters of our destiny

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be more inclined to get out and help if we had trails in our area. Ya, that's right I am complaining because everything is getting out of hand. More times than not the trails are not groomed. Not the fault of the clubs but that of the poor weather. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if we can make it out every weekend. I think its time that those of us living in Southern Ontario were given a reduced rate. If you were to do a survey you would find that most of the guys may make 4 to 5 trips up North. That's About $40.00 per trip, while the residents of the areas are given unlimited use due to there geographic location. You can argue all you want but this the reality. OFSC does a great job but money should be lobbied from governments. Lots of extra revenue through gas taxes, lets get some of it back and give us all a break.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That pretty much sums it up Henn! Maybe if the permits are expensive and the price of gas doesn't go down it will keep traffic down a little. That may sound a little selfish but I am okay with it. Bumps aren't a huge issue unless it is a saddlebag trip for me.

G

·
Originally posted by longspur@Sep 10 2005, 10:30 PM
I would be more inclined to get out and help if we had trails in our area. Ya, that's right I am complaining because everything is getting out of hand. More times than not the trails are not groomed. Not the fault of the clubs but that of the poor weather. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if we can make it out every weekend. I think its time that those of us living in Southern Ontario were given a reduced rate. If you were to do a survey you would find that most of the guys may make 4 to 5 trips up North. That's About $40.00 per trip, while the residents of the areas are given unlimited use due to there geographic location. You can argue all you want but this the reality. OFSC does a great job but money should be lobbied from governments. Lots of extra revenue through gas taxes, lets get some of it back and give us all a break.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869261
[/quote]

good point and well taken that might also increase tourism.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Originally posted by Redsled@Sep 11 2005, 08:07 AM
That pretty much sums it up Henn!  Maybe if the permits are expensive and the price of gas doesn't go down it will keep traffic down a little.  That may sound a little selfish but I am okay with it.  Bumps aren't a huge issue unless it  is a saddlebag trip for me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869524
[/quote]

Yup, and if you dont like it, stay on the lake where its free...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When my parents were on the commitee board for the local club in the early 90s , permit prices were $20 , gas prices weren't out of this world and they actually had enough snow to ride from November until April .

Now with the lack of snowfalls during the past winters , gas prices skyrocketing and permit prices not moving ... I'd expect to see the OFSC post a loss for this season .

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by longspur@Sep 10 2005, 09:30 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869261
[/quote]

I don't agree with you about the fact that those in Southern Ontario should get reduced rates . Residences of the south already receive other "benefits" in just about every other government aspect . If they were to give reduced rates , then maybe they should give Northern residence a break with gas prices since we pay about 20 cents more than the folks in the south . Maybe we should have medical travel expenses paid 100% like those in the south , but that's not the case .

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The trails seemed empty the past two winters, last year especially. This was likely due mainly to expensive or unobtainable personal sled insurance (for hi-po sleds/ the enthusiasts) and perhaps to a small degree to increased trail permit prices.
Now this winter brings skyrocketting fuel costs effecting grooming costs and deterring riders from re-permitting their rides.
This could be a ONE-TWO knock-out punch for the OFSC.

Soon there'll be more OPP/STOP officers on the trails than enthusiasts for them to harrass.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You complainers need to re-asess your hobbies!! The cost increase in fuel works out to roughly $8/tank divided by 100 miles =who gives a F#*K !! Maybe you guys should complain about the $1.35 cup of coffee you buy every day @Timmies that costs 5cents to make!!Still by far the cheapest fun going!!As for insurance call T.D. if I can pay $575 for a 900 &500 then there isn't a problem. PLEASE SNOW !!!! :boxing:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Sep 11 2005, 07:22 AM
I dont mind paying...its cheap fun, if your looking to save money...this aint the sport...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869457
[/quote]
Exactly! my cost are as follows and I do it every yr NH $93 , VT $104 , Maine $65 thats for the sled , The 4 wheeler is $45 for 2 yrs in Mass , $73 per yr for NH and $66 per yr in Maine m That totals $423 per yr for 1 sled and 1- 4 wheeler , still the best $ spent. Im a football nut , but cant touch patriots tix for less then $300 a peice and thats 4 hrs of fun $423 for a whole yr is a bargain if ya look at it that way.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think its funny, but I think its relitivley cheap, a few years ago I was travelling down to the states from Canada to race seadoo's, almost every weekend traveling 8-9 hrs to do 20 laps, and thats it!!! the amount of money I spent on that...and I still loved it, its a hobby, and if you aint willing to fund it?? STOP DOING IT...it cost me more in three weekends then I spend all winter!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts