Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got an early bird pass for my 04 Frontier.
Haven't got a classic category pass for my Indy Trail yet but most likely will.
The fan-cooled sled might see more use this year, it being a late season.
Fingers crossed :frech32:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Last i heard there where only 3300 sold province wide, last year there where 10,000.......The weather is going to change in the next week or so according to the weather channel....colder temps and snow storms making there way up the eastern seaboard as in Nor'easters.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is no waste in buying early,the fact there are only 3300 passes sold makes it hard for the Federation and the clubs.Instead of looking at improvements and ways to help our sport,they have to look at if ther will be a Federation in the future due to the lack of support from purchases of trail permits.We cannot change the weather but we can change the way we support this sport by buying our trailpasses regardless of the weather.Most of us will spend more than the cost of a trailpass on a one day trip.Thouse who feel they have wasted their money this year or thouse waiting to buy their passes just dont get it.Support our sport or when we get snow(and it will come)our trails as we have today may not exist.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Last i heard there where only 3300 sold province wide, last year there where 10,000.......The weather is going to change in the next week or so according to the weather channel....colder temps and snow storms making there way up the eastern seaboard as in Nor'easters.[/b]
I think the federation needs some where close to 10000 to keep it's head abouve water. I have been guying my pass faithfully with one club, they only had enough snow to groom a total of 12 hours last year. Who knows if they will even turn a track on the groomer this year. Maybe next year buy my pass with the clubs that get the snow to groom.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is no waste in buying early,the fact there are only 3300 passes sold makes it hard for the Federation and the clubs.Instead of looking at improvements and ways to help our sport,they have to look at if ther will be a Federation in the future due to the lack of support from purchases of trail permits.We cannot change the weather but we can change the way we support this sport by buying our trailpasses regardless of the weather.Most of us will spend more than the cost of a trailpass on a one day trip.Thouse who feel they have wasted their money this year or thouse waiting to buy their passes just dont get it.Support our sport or when we get snow(and it will come)our trails as we have today may not exist.[/b]
you are right but if things dont change soon it will be very hard to convince people to spend this kind of cash for little reward. i love this sport and i am very active in the club . but as i have said if it doesnt change[ie. snoooooow!] next year i am thinking i wont be buying passes

·
Registered
656 Posts
They way I look at it is I "saved" 30 bucks by buying early.

Next week I will be buying another pass from Quebec.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Last i heard there where only 3300 sold province wide, last year there where 10,000.......The weather is going to change in the next week or so according to the weather channel....colder temps and snow storms making there way up the eastern seaboard as in Nor'easters.[/b]

Yep ,,the weatherman is always right,, +10 and rain for tues,, :smilielol: sounds great,, maybe better where your at,,,R2R

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am in for two.

One thru Goshen, one thru Fundy.

Will kick some cash to the northern clubs if I go up there.

Pretty small cost compared to the about $5,000 per sled per year when you count in depreciation , financing or opportunity cost of funds, trailer, insurance , gas, motels ,food etc.

Trail pass is coffee money compared to the above.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm in for two also.......plus alot of hours operating and repairing the groomer,of all the things you spend your money on for sledding the trail pass is still the best bang for the buck......Hands down.....Have faith people it will snow again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.