Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I just got the news. as of tomorrow Jan 4 and NO EARLIER the trails that are highlighted on this map will be open. Trail # 142-147 west side of perry. trail 140 perry stream , trail 141 to 5 to 145 -144 loop to tin camp and bosebuck . you will be able to get to youngs store from 140 only and you will get to back lake. These trails will be updated as soon as snow permitted. PLEASE use the trails that are open and don't use more . As you see the presure to open trails has been great and I thank the land owners and clubs and state to open . Lets show these people we can use this without abusing it. I do belong to the pittsburg ridge runners club and respect their need to sell maps. this is the best i feel i can do with out their permission. OVR will be getting this on the web with more info soon. We do have vacancy at 50% off this weekend.(jan 4 to jan 9)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Glad to see some riding open and money going to the businesses but also agree that is pretty marginal depth. With the hopefully brief "warm up" and poss rain in the forecast may be limited duration. We still need a cold snap and more snow IMO. But those out first hope you have fun!

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Is that an actual 07 Pittsburg Trail Map? Are they already out? :fluffy:[/b]
Yes and Yes! :div20:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice, I'm glad they got rid of last year's color scheme, to put it bluntly, it sucked. You could barely read the map, especialy out on the trails and even worse at night. :banghead:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes this is an 07 pittsburg map I'm going to paul to buy some now. the trails at this moment go from back lake to deer mt to east inlet to bosebuck. that is all we have at this time we will not be able to get to sdr trails this weekend unless things change. by the way it is 32 degrees at this moment. Now I have to pull my sled out of the trailer and get it ready. :banana: Remember these trails are going to get rough very quickly so think about treading lightly.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Yes, please go easy on the throtle and stay on the open trails. :div20: It is definately very early season riding and there are many hazzards out there just waiting to trash your "baby". :frech32:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was in Coleman State Park on Monday. Maybe 10-14" tops on the ground in the park and roughly 2-4" in town Colebrook. It was 34 and raining when I left. Good base if it froze. But they still needed more. Pittsburg had the same as in town Colebrook.

:i_need_snow:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Glad to here that some trails are opening. Now we need more snow. :fluffy:

·
Registered
735 Posts
correct me if im wrong but isnt there only about 5 or 6 inches of snow depth before the trails are packed?[/b]
Havent you been reading the posts from those of us who saw all the snow for themselves this past weekend.there is plenty of snow its about time they opened.Just like i thought though after all us flatlanders left from new years weekend LOL!!! :banghead: :banghead:
Yamahoo

·
Registered
301 Posts
ill second that.... :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
the trails at this moment go from back lake to deer mt to east inlet to bosebuck............. Now I have to pull my sled out of the trailer and get it ready. :banana: Remember these trails are going to get rough very quickly so think about treading lightly.[/b]
No grooming tonight phl?? :dunno: J/K, enjoy your ride phl.

Its good news indeed for the area and eager sledders to have some open trails. :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts