1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching some youtube videos and saw someone thing that irratates me

Guys or groups that stop and block whole trails

The worse is at road crossings

You know the group that seem to just stand there chatting and 2-3sleds wide or actually standing on the trail itself

I don't know about you,but I completely pull off the trail if I am going to stop my engine and/or stop and talk

Also you have the group that does this in corners.

Just because you are in a large group does that give you a right to block 90% of the trail?

Anyone else hate this???

This is almost if not worse then riders with mirrors not yeilding to quicker traffic

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Just love coming over a hill / almost clipping a group stopped just over the crest only to be yelled n screamed at how I could have killed em.................DUMBAZZ'S..........GET OFF THE FUCKING TRAIL.

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes its like they don't realize there are others on the trail and common sense would seem to indicate you do not stop right after a hill crest or corner

but its your fault, as you are the one moving not them :nono:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
No worry now, no snow and trails are closed.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
I just caught a 4 wheeler rutting my club trails all to hell....he told me he was a weekender for 17 years, and it was his god given right to do what he wanted...told me to fuck off, and rode away down the trail...called the police, might as well call my mother...

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just caught a 4 wheeler rutting my club trails all to hell....he told me he was a weekender for 17 years, and it was his god given right to do what he wanted...told me to fuck off, and rode away down the trail...called the police, might as well call my mother...[/b]
that sucks but that is another discussion OT

we have other thread on 4wheelers running trails

lets try to keep this discussion regarding sledders blocking trails and stops

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I couldn't care less if they are in an area of good visibility and out of everyone's way when their approached upon. But if their stopped somewhere stupid and dangerous I get pissed and usually stop and let them know I'm pissed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I couldn't care less if they are in an area of good visibility and out of everyone's way when their approached upon. But if their stopped somewhere stupid and dangerous I get pissed and usually stop and let them know I'm pissed.[/b]
i agree you think you should know better. "surprisingly" around the Soo they usualy have U.S tags :gasthrower: :flag_usa:

just kidding......but really come on get off to the side people

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
that sucks but that is another discussion OT

we have other thread on 4wheelers running trails

lets try to keep this discussion regarding sledders blocking trails and stops[/b]
Would it make it better if I told you the wheeler was parked in the middle of the trail?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I was just watching some youtube videos and saw someone thing that irratates me

Guys or groups that stop and block whole trails

The worse is at road crossings

You know the group that seem to just stand there chatting and 2-3sleds wide or actually standing on the trail itself

I don't know about you,but I completely pull off the trail if I am going to stop my engine and/or stop and talk

Also you have the group that does this in corners.

Just because you are in a large group does that give you a right to block 90% of the trail?

Anyone else hate this???

This is almost if not worse then riders with mirrors not yeilding to quicker traffic[/b]
YES! back in 88 a buddy of mine and myself almost took out a group parked on the back side of a hill on both sides of the trail.It was actually on a forest access road (wide) and my buddy was likely 60 yards ahead of me and we were doing 120-130k .luckily as he went over the hill i could see he was reacting to something and i got out of it.when i came over they were standing all over the trail, parked on the trail on both sides !!!! WE were going too fast ,but holy god, i could not believe where they stopped......I've learned to tone it down a bit since.And yes they had their fists a wavin

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Would it make it better if I told you the wheeler was parked in the middle of the trail?[/b]
yes ! welcome to Ontario......ignore freeze ,he is pissy over the argument on the you tube watercross thread! lol

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yes, very much hate this too, a couple of weeks ago (was it that long ago now...) the wife and I came across a group of only 4 riders, parked in the middle of the trail right after a corner. Since I was out on TP, told them nicely that there are better places to stop and chat (suck a ***, etc) and that they really should pull off the trail if possible (don't want them hit by the groomer coming around the corner!).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have to say this bugs the h*ll out of me also. Quite a few times hubby and I have been out (and since he's always in the lead, at least I have a chance to react) We've come over hills and they'll be parked on the trail just over the crest. Seen them parked on corners (what where they thinking? and having a leak) Or large groups parked still on the trail on both sides of it.
The absolute worst was one time on a trail in Parry Sound, sorry don't remember the trail number but it had two? or three? huge straight up and down hills in a row. At the second hill, on the bottom were trail wardens and cops checking for permits, license, etc. WTF??? Okay, I'm fine with checking for all that, but not at the bottom, between two steep hills and no, they hadn't really pulled off the trail either. I'm not sure, but I don't think they appreciated me asking why they picked such a stupid spot to set up. I know my hubby didn't appreciate me asking.....oh well!

Oh, and should we mention that dumb twits who ride in the middle of the trail, either direction and don't seem to know how to get over; on their own side; on corners??? 8>)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts