Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pay attention that Trans-Québec 63 at 322 jct(Lac désert) toward Le Domaine and Aventure Joncas will not be open this winter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pay attention that Trans-Québec 63 at 322 jct(Lac désert) toward Le Domaine and Aventure Joncas will not be open this winter.[/b]
Thanks for the info. is this juction south of Le Domaine before Maniwaki? I can not find it on the Abitibi Timiscamigue map. I see TQ63, Jocas and Le Domaine but not 322.

I rode this area last year coming South from Sennetarre and TQ63 heading West to Joncas was awsome.

It's too bad there is a closure. I hope this doesn't prevent touring riders from enjoying the area and making to to Joncas because Joncas is worth the stop for sure.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. is this juction south of Le Domaine before Maniwaki?[/b]
Correct.just west of Grand-Remous.the local trail in the Lavérendrye Park going to Val d'Or remains open and any trails west of that trail.63 is closed east of that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There is a meeting scheduled for tomorrow regarding the portion of TQ63 that is currently closed. I was told yesterday that logging operations have ceased and the local clubs r meeting to discuss the feasability of re-opening the closed portion.

I will make a phone call tomorrow and report back
Gowser

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lastest news from meeting last weds eve is that logging op's r supposed to end last week of Feb and trail will / may open a week or so later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Correct.just west of Grand-Remous.the local trail in the Lavérendrye Park going to Val d'Or remains open and any trails west of that trail.63 is closed east of that.[/b]
Can I get some clarity on this?

If I park my truck in Maniwaki, can I take 13/63 east to 322 west, meet back up with 63 and head west? That would infer only about 75 km of 63 is closed. Correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a meeting scheduled for tomorrow regarding the portion of TQ63 that is currently closed. I was told yesterday that logging operations have ceased and the local clubs r meeting to discuss the feasability of re-opening the closed portion.

I will make a phone call tomorrow and report back
Gowser[/b]

Is the TQ63 open to Joncas from Maniwaki or Le Domine or Grand-Remous. Last year TQ63 was closed fr. Maniwaki, I rode ditch on side of 117 fr. Grand-remous to Classic for 10 miles, then TQ63 to Joncas. Planning trip for next weekend and want to stay at Joncas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the TQ63 open to Joncas from Maniwaki or Le Domine or Grand-Remous. Last year TQ63 was closed fr. Maniwaki, I rode ditch on side of 117 fr. Grand-remous to Classic for 10 miles, then TQ63 to Joncas. Planning trip for next weekend and want to stay at Joncas.[/b]
TQ 63 is closed from 322/TQ63 junction toward Joncas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts