Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trail accomplished

On 09/04/05 a group of us from Dan forth Bay Camping Resort got together and did some trail clean up.
11 guys volunteered for this event, which ended with great results.
A few weeks back I asked SOS for permission to clean up a trail that runs thru Dan forth Bay, it’s been impassable since the Blizzard of 05.
I got a response back from Stephen Jones (he is the president of the SOS club) he said go for it, so we did.
We cleared a trail along Shawtown road, which is part of the Scrub Oak Scramblers trail system we also re decked a bridge that was pretty much rotted out. (Thanks for the wood donation) Trail accomplished!

Then everyone decided to press on.
We crossed Shaw town road and worked our way up to intersection “C”.
Then, one group cleared the trail to intersection “A” and onto the access trail to the Airstrip.
The other group pressed on towards intersection “W” we did not quite make it there but we did come close, all in all a great day.

I would like to personally thank the crew.

Keith Rhodes Swampscott Ma
Don Bray Swampscott Ma
Rich Ventura Atkinson NH
Rick Mayo Swampscott Ma
Rich Nolan Carver Ma
Steve Coy Stoneham Ma
Mark Schiot Merrimac Ma
Ken Storti Hampstead NH
David Wurzel Swampscott Ma
Jim Piazza Warwick RI
Darryl Sweet Warwick R.I.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congratulations for a job well done.
You had a great turn out and got lots of work done.
I appreciate it because I ride over that way all the time.
Mark D
OVSC TM

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice Job …. I have put many miles on the Scrub Oak trail system over the years. I never did join that club but do stop by the warming hut when ever they are open and make a donation and get a bowl of chili, it’s excellent.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Awesome. We've camped a couple of times at Danforth bay and it's one of our favorite places to go. Might have to try some sledding there too.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Darryl,

Well you told us that you would do it and you have gone and done it. :augen41: I would like to personally thank you and the group from Danforth Bay Campground! That area has been in dire need of brushing and it sounds like you resolved that problem. Did you go over towards the Blue Moon?

If you guys have any more work parties planned post on HCS. I'm sure we would like to return the favor of you helping us out in July at the OVSC/CCC Binsack Mem. work party.

Looks like no more face slappers.
Thanks again, :div20:
Freedom Rider

PS. Maybe we can have a cookout with Willyburgers again! I would be willing to have it at my camp.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks FR,

One of the trails is pretty close to the Blue Moon, but not a direct access.
The guys had asked me if we could all get together again and keep pushing on so I think we will doo it again in the near future for sure.
The next day, another guy came to our site and said he was sorry that he missed us and if there was anything else we needed done he would be more then happy to help out, pretty cool ha! :beerchug:
I was telling them about the new trail system introduced by the CCC & how they teamed up with OVSC so who knows maybe they will help you guys out also.

I personaly think the icing on the cake would be the SOS joining on with CCC & OVSC in the colalition of clubs helping clubs all would benifit in one way or the other? :dunno:

Yea, the Willyburgers were pretty good, it must have been the flavor from the stove john cooked them on :beerchug:

The Olives stuffed with Garlic was pretty awsome to. :div20:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Originally posted by GTSE800@Sep 8 2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks FR,

One of the trails is pretty close to the Blue Moon, but not a direct access.
The guys had asked me if we could all get together again and keep pushing on so I think we will doo it again in the near future for sure.
The next day, another guy came to our site and said he was sorry that he missed us and if there was anything else we needed done he would be more then happy to help out, pretty cool ha!  :beerchug:
I was telling them about the new trail system introduced by the CCC & how they teamed up with OVSC so who knows maybe they will help you guys out also.

I personaly think the icing on the cake would be the SOS joining on with CCC & OVSC in the colalition of clubs helping clubs  all would benifit in one way or the other?  :dunno:

Yea, the Willyburgers were pretty good, it must have been the flavor from the stove john cooked them on  :beerchug:

The Olives stuffed with Garlic was pretty awsome to.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866012
[/quote]
I must say the thought has crossed our minds and the issue was raised at one of the informational meetings at Canoe King this past spring. It was suggested by us to extend the olive branch but to no avail. We have tried to communicate but I find it to be a futile effort. :no_bashing:

We would like to work with your group in the future though. If you need a hand drop us a note, and we will do the same. I think that you guys are on the right track by getting the trails fixed now instead of waiting till its to late. Keep us posted and maybe we can hook up on a social scale event the next time.

We have one major trail project to complete in the near future for the upcoming winter and that is the trail up the face thru the saddle to the top of Mount Whittier. This will tie our new park and ride area and future club house directly to the trail to Castle over off Gilman Valley rd. Landowner written permission is complete and proceeding on schedule. Maybe we can all get together and brush that out and have Willy Burgers and olives on top of the old ski lift next to the cell tower. Would make for a great view while stuffing our faces once again.

Look forward to hearing from you in near future! :luxhello:

Freedom Rider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts