Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded My F7 for Zr9, got sick of the troubles and love the Zr9 pull. Ran into a guy who just could not settle for the Zr9 and I was tired of the troubles of my F7 so we traded. I think I got the best Deal, the Zr9 handles better on trails and has an awsome pull from bottom to top. The F7 handles better in the rough but I love the power of the Zr9. From bottom to top the Zr pulles better, the F7 is a lot litter. The F7 will give a Zr9 a good run but not to top end, yes the F7 will get it out of the hole, but when you hit midrange look out, I have raced 5 F7s and until about 70-80 the F7 will be ahead, after that look out, I dont know if a lot of people are doing mods to the F7s, but I have not lost yeat to an F7. These are both awsome sleds, Cat did a great job with both, but I had way too much trouble with my F7. I hope cat does a F8 or F9 with the new style motors and chase. These are my results, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
You got the best end of the deal. The 900 is probably the best sled on the snow. Better handling, more durable, and more power. Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Both are great sleds. If you are unhappy with your ride then it is better you get something else.

I myself have had a few problem with mine but still would not part with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you think that your F-7 was better in the bumps I have an easy fix for your ZR 900 that only takes a little money. Swap the stock ZR 900 shocks for 2003 Sno Pro Fan front shocks and the rear Cross-Link. All four shocks bolt right in. You will have the ultimate ride, power, handling and suspension.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
good move! i just put 650 miles on my f7 sno pro. pushes big time,even with 6 inch carbides up front. limiter strap pulled down and front rear shock spring pressure released. the seat blew out 3 inches on either side due to ice build up! i traded my 02 zr 800 cc for this f cat and already,i am regretting it. corners nowhere near as well as the zr. i simply bought and rode the zr cc with no complaints OR adjustments to the suspension! sure wish cat would have thoroughly tested this sled before marketing it as 435 lbs,and DUMPING IT ON US! I'M ON FIRE AFTER HAVING BOUGHT THIS STRAIGHT IN THE CORNER FLOP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts