Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did it today guys. i figure there wo'nt be another sled cc for cc,pound for pound that compares. 2 year warranty and all bugs worked out. how can i go wrong? i road 950 HARD miles on mine without so much as a hint of problem. i read this site's posts and i must admit,it scared me a bit. but all the nightmares steered clear of my sled. i've never had a sled that out of the box,simply kicked ass on ALL other sled hands down! i did'nt even reclutch it. this thing beats 800's,900's and most stock 1000's. i'm way impressed. i've owned 17 other new sleds and this one gives me the most bang for the buck all day long. i told the dealer that i need to see all the new graphics at the cat show and then i will tell him what scheme to order. the only thing i am slightly worried about is that cat might detune them in 04. i do,nt believe cat would FUCK UP like that,because performance influences my decision by at least 65%.this lightweight 700 twin rocks!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had the same worry but talked to GLS & he says no. Also talked to several of the test drivers that work for different mags & they seem to think its better than a 03 for all around..These are friends of mine & would not give me any BS byoffcr

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the encouraging info. i appreciate it byoffcr.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
How much did you get for your 03 ? And how much for your 04 ?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah, how much of a beating did ya take on yer trade, got to be losin a couple thousand....$$$?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
talked to the dealer today, 4850 trade for my 03 F7 snopro w/ ~800 miles. I'm keeping what I got, wish I could hook up a new one. Enjoy it man!!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm paying 2400 and my f7sp for 04f7 standard. i'm in the car business. i guess i'm used to low resale value on first year trades. i figure that this move is decent because of 2 year warranty and whatever improvements cat makes. i'm also concerned that the first year build f7 may even dip lower. i'd rather know that 2400 will for sure do the job now,rather than wait and risk even lower resale value depending on consumer perception. that could cause dealers to get even more conservative on trade value. i traded my 02 zr800cc for this 03 f7sp and 2400 last year also. so maybe i'm getting ripped a bit but i do'nt care to jerk around and try to sell my sled my self i know it's a done deal this way and i do'nt have to trip about it all summer. ahhhhhhhh i'm all set for next year!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I also just traded my 03 standard f7 with 4300 miles on it for an 04 F7 standard. $2000 difference. Not to bad.....Can't wait for the 04 this was the best sled I've ever owned

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2000$ diffrence with a 4300 mile trade? you better hope your dealer never goes to rehab.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have to agree with f7addict my dealer told me my f7 std. with 4200miles $3000 to $3500 and my sled plus its a spring order wit $1000 in extras,I told him i will keep i for that price and buy a rx1 to put my high miles on and keep my f7 for rough trails and fast riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts