Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with the 800 and 900's - how many picks, how long are your skags, and did you take out your coupling blocks in the rear skid? I'm looking to get some good hook, but want to know if top end will sacrfice. I am putting in 192 picks, and I know that will know a few mph off top end. I plan on putting on 6" or 8" skags after break in. But what about the coupling blocks? I hear that if you take them out you will get better hook up on take off. What if any adverse effects are there to doing this?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by jayjaysin@Dec 18 2002, 07:51 AM
You guys with the 800 and 900's - how many picks, how long are your skags, and did you take out your coupling blocks in the rear skid? I'm looking to get some good hook, but want to know if top end will sacrfice. I am putting in 192 picks, and I know that will know a few mph off top end. I plan on putting on 6" or 8" skags after break in. But what about the coupling blocks? I hear that if you take them out you will get better hook up on take off. What if any adverse effects are there to doing this?
Check out this link to a previous thread on the subject...a lot of good info. I had my blocks out for awhile late last year on my 800. The adverse effects I had was that my skis would come about 2 feet off the ground just riding around my yard :eek: . Fun for awhile, but back in they went. You can play with the block settings to see what works best for you. I have mine set for max weight transfer right now...Marc

Link to Studs and Wearbar thread

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Mines an '02 ZR800cce. I ran without studs last winter (1.25" lug track) and found the 4" carbides insuffecient. This fall I installed 144 Woody's 1.325" Golddiggers using Saber plastic angled double backers and have installed 8" -60 degree carbide wearbars. I haven't run it yet but expect it to be more balanced now. Hopefully the studded 1.25" track will not overpower the 8" carbides like the unstudded track did the 4" stock carbides. If it does, it's up to 10 inchers or 8" Dooleys next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts