Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on there today. Addm started a thread stating that the site is done. Will likely shut down this weekend. Too bad, was a good site before they changed it

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Was just on there today. Addm started a thread stating that the site is done. Will likely shut down this weekend. Too bad, was a good site before they changed it

I don't think it's changes to the site that did it in because they were fairly cosmetic and it's still easy to navigate and find anything. There were usually just a small number of people posting regularly anyway. I think it's just a sign of the times where people have too many competing interests and most related activity is now on Facebook groups and there are many such in !Manitoba right now.

If you look at other provinces in Trackshare you'll see that Saskatchewan for example might have had only a couple of posts in the last 5 years. I have also reviewed Hard Core Sledder participation and it is also dead in adjacent provinces and the northern states have hardly any posts on their state HCS forums so that's why you'll see some American posts on the Manitoba HCS.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,908 Posts
i've been more involved with facebook groups lately as well. Certainly not as informative as this site, but not bad overall.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Facebook groups suck for technical data, searching is a lost cause, the death of forums is very sad.

Not the well run groups...Files sections are full of free info on many good groups. If group members are handing out false information they need to be booted or muted. Just as on forums, The groups are only as good as their Mods. and Admins.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So what was the consensus on Trackshare? Are ATVs allowed on SnoMan trails?

lmao, you'll never get that across to those clowns, i'm a farmer/landowner and atvers"tracksharers" think its all theirs to abuse, i got a whole shed of quads and thats not my way, to destruct someone else's property. I live out in central manitoba but anytime i come to the east trails early in the year you can tell under the snow its ripped to shit, never use to be like that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not the well run groups...Files sections are full of free info on many good groups. If group members are handing out false information they need to be booted or muted. Just as on forums, The groups are only as good as their Mods. and Admins.
Even the best userbase imaginable can't make the format stop sucking. Ever tried to search for something you saw 2 days ago on an active FB group? It's fucking gone. Unless it gets archived in a "files" or similar folder, it's just a mess. So unless you are taking part in a conversation live, that knowledge just disappears down the rabbit hole forever.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Even the best userbase imaginable can't make the format stop sucking. Ever tried to search for something you saw 2 days ago on an active FB group? It's fucking gone. Unless it gets archived in a "files" or similar folder, it's just a mess. So unless you are taking part in a conversation live, that knowledge just disappears down the rabbit hole forever.:dunno:

Very easy, use the search function in the FB group. Depending on who and how the group was set up originally, it my not be set up with a search function. (discussion group vs for sale group) Another reason it may not be there is the topic may have been not to group rules, and was deleted. Also if was a sale ad, it may have been sold and deleted. I delete sold ads on my groups instead of leaving them marked as sold. Oh, and when searching a FB group you must pick from for sale ad, or discussion. It searches for sale ads by default. So if your searching for something talked about. It might not hit on the discussion.

FB in general is a pain if you are just scrolling on your home page. I does get real frustrating if you click someone's post, but see another as you are clicking. Odds are when you go back it will be difficult to find the other interesting post.

The groups if set up correctly, and administered correctly, can be a very enjoyable place to buy and learn. It must be....because the old "go to" places here are a ghost town now, compared to the FB groups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts