Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just drilled and studded my 136'' Predator...getting there.
Pulling the skid out tomorrow, I bought the Tracks USA 136'' kit for my 04 700 XC using the stock rear wheels and stock axle.
No directions came...anything to look out for, or any pointers on the install??
The back lip where the exyension goes on....What has everyone else done with the lip where the original flap mounted to??

Any pics of an install would be great!!

Thanks

Brent

·
Registered
675 Posts
Still waiting on mine,ordered on 12dec., did the extention on the xtra10. You will need to drill out the rivets holding the track tensioner, they will get installed with nut/bolts form the kit on to the extention. I'm curious with the edge extention if the rear sissor blocks will touch.
My last one was very snug, needed to file the square slots a bit and use a vise to pull them together slowly.

The piece that holds your flap on should come off..., can't imagine keeping it place. I'll post pics after supper.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did a 03 xc 600 this fall. You will need to remove or cut off the flap that the snow flap was on with the stock setup. I cut mine off with a 4.5" angle grider with a cut off wheel. My install went pretty slick. One thing to watch out for is when your tightening down / aligning your bumper dont get too carried away. My bumper had to be pulled apart to get it around the tunnel with the extension and getting everything lined up was a bit tricky. I inserted a punch through the tunnel, tunnel extension, then into the bumper to pull it in place and ended up pushing one of the threaded inserts in the bumper out. The suspension bump stops will be fine and you will need to do some filing to get the extensions to slip/pound into the rails. Also, when we put the skid back in we couldn't get the bolts lined up in the back. This maybe a common problem, but after removing the thin rods that run parallel to the rear shock it went right in, then I hooked up the rods again after the skid was bolted in.

PM if you have any questions or need pics of anything.

Dom

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Here is a pic of mine. I bought it like this so i cant help you out too much with install tips. The guy before me powdercoated the extension black to match the tunnel. This pic is from X-mas day....enough snow to ride on the lake but thats about it.

My snowflap is current length right now. I havnt had any problems until the beginning of this year. Mainly because how i stored my sled caused the flap to bend in slightly. But, I just bent it back out and its been good ever since.

·
Registered
675 Posts
[attachment=277520:IMAGE_00047.jpg][attachment=277520:IMAGE_00047.jpg]The Xc must have the same deal...

Hopefully with the edge skid in now I won't add to my scratch line collection. Removing the old flap holder, I used the same holes to tie in the extention.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey WIPOLARIS

Are you running with your rear scissor stops removed??
I know I can only use 2 of the 3 rear scissor stop bolt holes.
What is everyone else running in their 136??

Brent

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Hey WIPOLARIS

Are you running with your rear scissor stops removed??
I know I can only use 2 of the 3 rear scissor stop bolt holes.
What is everyone else running in their 136??

Brent[/b]

Ya, I just took them out at the begining of this year to see how I like it. But, I did put in the heavy duty springs also so I thought it would help to keep my suspension stiff enough for jumping. But I am probably going to put them back in because its way too soft without them in the rear. I did take it down the trail once and i really liked how it rode without them. The front end was really light and i could go over larger bumps a lot easier with the front off the ground. s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts