Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the two different tracks and compared? I can't get my sno pro to slide in the corners and wondering if I should get the 1" track or trade w/ someone. I ride aggressively through trails and need help. I feel like I'm riding on asphault w/ the 1.375 track. Can anyone help me w/ this. Also has anyone figured out how to stop the ski lift on groomed trails?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a F7 standard. I had the 1" track un-studded. I noticed a the rear of the sled really squirrley in the groomed trails when the snow was loose. It bugged me. Luckily for me my buddy has a F7 sno-pro. I immediatley jumped on his. To my surprise the sled was solid. No, his isn't studded either. In a race me ate me for breakfast. That was the last time I rode with the 1" track and have a 1.375 track now. The 1" track can be worked in turns a little easier, but the I like the 1.375" overall and won't change.

I am also running the Woody's shaper bars, and they help out on steering, but are a little darty.

I would say that you need to adjust your ski pressure to help the "ski up" in the turns. I suspect that the sled is being "darted" up more than tipping on it's own. I paid a lot of attention to this the last ride out. The stock ski's are darty on the Firecats and I think there indeed is a lot to gain from different ski's and "custom" suspension calibrations by each different rider.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the powder pros and find them to dart at slower speeds (30-50mph) They do carve nice, but I can't slide at all in the corners. You like the 1 3/8 track better for cornering also? Or do you just like the acceleration? I also tried numerous setups to stop ski lift. Even drilling another hole for the coupler blocks and pulling the straps up to the 4th hole. (which I drilled) I have too much ski pressure as it is w/ the powder pros. They really dart w/ that setup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
red devil,if your not happy in the turns try a set of simmons flex skis.they are like the skidoos.they will have no darting and will stop oversteer or pushing in the turns caused buy the bigger lug track.pull your limiter straps up and you should turn on rails.if you still are not happy try going to a stiffer swaybar.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by fast seat@Mar 19 2003, 08:47 PM
red devil,if your not happy in the turns try a set of simmons flex skis.they are like the skidoos.they will have no darting and will stop oversteer or pushing in the turns caused buy the bigger lug track.pull your limiter straps up and you should turn on rails.if you still are not happy try going to a stiffer swaybar.
Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of the simmons or the SLT's. I thought the ski doos skis were a little inconsistent from packed to chewed up snow. Are the simmons the same way? I'm also wondering where I can get a larger sway bar. Does anyone know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts