Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red standard f7. I noticed some fraying on the right side of the track. I also have over 800 miles on the sled so I figured I should probably tension the track. The owners manual shows you how to adjust and gives you a good diagram but doesn't give you the distance the track should hang down from the sliders. I would appreciate any input from anyone who has fiddled with the track. Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
1 3/4"- 2" of deflection with 20 lbs of force applied to middle of track
the fraying is caused by the track being out of align and hitting the plastic rivets holding the reflectors on the side of your tunnel
mine did the same thing, re-aligned, but i think when you corner hard the track shifts anyway, the track will snap off the plastic rivets and the double sided tape will hold your reflectors on!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
loose as a goose as long as it doesnt rachet try to get it to hang down enuff so you can put a golf ball in the gap.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I have found with the track loose, at higher speeds, it feels like the belt has a thin spot...It is the track getting slipped on the front driveshaft...It thumps..so make a note and if your sled does this tighten it a bit.. I run mine about a 1/2" of space when I just lift the rear...no pushing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also if your track is fraying you can take a torch (ON LOW) and lightly hit the frayed parts. I learned that on one of the forums here and it worked great. Track looks new again! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts