Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my sled is on a stand, and the engine is idling, the track spins. is this good, bad, or doesn`t even matter. our other sleds don`t do it though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like your belt is a little to tight and you might need a shim in the secondary clutch to get the proper deflection.

ZR 900

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
That is a normal thing if the track begins to slowly turn at idle. It may speed up slowly but you should be able to stop it by hand (from the bottom of the track) or at the very least with a small amount of brake pressure. If the idle of the engine doesn't change when you stop the track- you are OK. New belts, freshly cleaned clutches and loose tracks will let the track spin easier

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Refer to the Hardcoresledder home page link in the top banner then go to Track Adjustment section and that will explain your predicament. You want track spin during idle. "Loose as a goose!"

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I think the only time to worry is if the sled moves, at idle, when the track is on the ground. I'd say if the track does not turn while on the stand then your belt is too loose.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Yes, your belt is too tight. All race sleds "walk" when idling because they have the belt riding so high in the secondary. Just put a shim or two back in the secondary and problem solved. Look at you belt in your secondary and make sure it is either flush with the top of the secondary or just a hair above. I bet yours is at least 1/8" above. If it isn't you have the wrong belt on the sled. Your sled should NOT spin the track when idling. Unless you want a better holeshot.
Cat S.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i see you are getting both yes and no answers, but I would strongly agre with letting it spin slow at an idle. Thats if your into performance If your like most of us you always want to beat your frends sled. Leave it just like it is, unless the belt squeels.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its only the slightest above the sheaves. i think my belt might be a little to tight, since i took out the biggest washer there was. i might switch it for one of the smaller ones. it doesn`t squeal though. yeah i i guess i`m into performance, the thing is quicker since i put a clutch kit, v-force 3, and a d&d silencer. the silencer is a real treat to the ears!! didn`t notice any hp gain by it, but it sounds like a really sick sled B).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay, i think i`ll just leave it alone, since it doesn`t sound like i can be hurting anything plus i sould be getting a better holeshot :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts