Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 zr 700 and the track is ratcheting but the track is tight to specs. I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem and what to do about it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
assuming the tunnel is free of ice- check all idler wheels, track alignment and the drive sprockets. My brother once stripped out the inside of the sprockets (where it slides on the shaft) and we had to press new ones on. If that all looks ok it might be a loose chain or ?????

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
check your chain case bearings I had the same problem with my 99 700. It didn't matter how tight the track was still ratcheted and chain case bearing was out. P.S. I have a scavanger air box for sale for the 700 cheap if you would like it e-mail me or have any Q's

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes check the bearings, if your speedo stops working or your track starts to ratchet( you do check the tension before each ride right?) 99.9% of the time , it's the bearings.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't use the anti rachet sprockets unless you plan cut off about two inches of the front skid frame. Your drivers are probally worn, if the sled is using two drivers and two idlers then replace all four and replace the outside idlers with drivers. Have you checked your chain case, make sure the chain and gears are in good condition and the chain was adjusted properlly.

·
Registered
539 Posts
your pressed on drivers have moved,you have to remove driveshaft put on press and move them back out if not to worn.usually about 1/4 inche + on each side will do it. fit into track drivers til its tight,moving side to side.sometimes at racetrack have used long bar and sledge hammer to re-fitt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts