Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into upgrading the 1" finger track on my '01 ZR8. Thinking about going to 1 1/4" Ripsaw or Preditor or??? I don't do to much off trail riding, mainly looking for something that hooks well on trails. Not concerned with losing a few mph on top end, just want it to perform better down low. What are your experiences/recommendations?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
off trail riding the predater is far superior and on trails the rip saw is better, btw i have a 1.25 predater and i love it for trail riding and im not afraid to go play in the deep stuff

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
For mainly trail go with the Ripsaw. It'll be a drastic improvement on or off trail over what you're using and won't hurt topend as much as you think. There's some pretty good deals on them if you look around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. Where did you get your tracks from? I tried Tracks USA ($319.00 delivered to my door) for the 1 1/4" Ripsaw. Anyone know of any better deals or is this as good as it gets?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Another option is the Hacksaw. It is a 1" and is supposed to really work well on trail.

I was going to change this season to a RIP Saw but never got around to it thanks to a snapped crank - thanks Ford!

Now I'm sort of glad I didn't get it done as the hacksaw I think may be a better choice for me. I could also re-use my gold Diggers saving some coin along the way for my mods I have planned.

I ride exclusively on trail so it may make more sense for me anyways to go Hacksaw.

Tough decision here. Both are great tracks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts